Potential new proof of STR capabilities

LJQCN101

I call BS. They just want the F-16 to dominate. LOL!

Why are people finding it hard to believe the JF-17 could actually be good? They said it themselves that the JF-17 is lighter which translates to lower inertia and faster change of direction. The Viper is no slouch in DCS and I fly both (previous to DCS I flew nothing but Falcon BMS for years).

The JF-17 can hold its own for sure, but you must fly it right.

Check my sig for the rest...

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I don‘t think that is the JF-17 FM problem.

It seem the problem of the AI FM.

It is the old problem from the DCS World.

When AI fly the aircraft, it will become more maneuverability and that don’t lost energy so quickly when it fly by player.

I also have buy the JF-17 when it is released.^ _ ^

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know one document that matches his description of STR=18 and ITR=28:

1.png

The document is written by the school of Economics and Management, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. It's publicly available (you can search for it's name), but the conditions are still no where to be seen. The aircraft in question is seems to be a prototype No.01-03.

Untitled.jpg

PS: Appears to be the same guy: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/121523089

Edited by LJQCN101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:06 AM, LJQCN101 said:

I know one document that matches his description of STR=18 and ITR=28:

1.png

The document is written by the school of Economics and Management, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics. It's publicly available (you can search for it's name), but the conditions are still no where to be seen. The aircraft in question is seems to be a prototype No.01-03.

Untitled.jpg

PS: Appears to be the same guy: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/121523089

I mean am I seeing things or does this document also say the F-16C STR is only 16? Considering the whole point of that discussion was a claim of the JF-17 STR over-performing against the F-16 STR does that not automatically invalidate this document as evidence? lol

Because I’m not seeing how you can logically say the JF-17 part of this document is accurate but ignore the F-16C sitting in the exact same document with a lower STR. Last I checked the F-16C is capable of a better STR, but like you said we don’t know the conditions for the data. Just looking at the F-16C STR tells me these probably aren’t normal conditions, unless it’s some kind of propaganda. But if it were actually propaganda (which I doubt it is) I’d have to question why they still gave the Gripen those numbers considering it’s just as much a competitor to the JF-17 as the F-16.

Unless there’s something I’m misunderstanding about this document then yeah, no shot.

Edited by Javers
  • Like 1