SEPECAT Jaguar for DCS World

SuliedRocket11

So yea, since Heatblurs making an F-4 and Aerges is close to releasing the Mirage F1, how bout a Jag for DCS? If possible the GR3 Variant? 
When it comes to historic RAF inventory, the Jaguar GR3 has to be my fav (ofc excluding the Spitfire)

Not sure about Documentation tho, since the RAF loves to keep things classified, but it’d defo be a sick module to have in DCS

(Shoutout to Aircrew Interviews, they’ve got some good footage of Jaguar HUD Tapes)

740C69F8-A464-407E-BC63-D070D990A18B.jpeg

700FE4F5-65C8-4C1E-9645-F5003809562A.jpeg

3075D136-2D40-4AA1-9272-E7F1575FB079.jpeg

CD3D3432-CB2A-48AA-9EF8-936CA35ED0A7.jpeg

DCD54B82-9D53-42B4-8E79-E641716246ED.jpeg

68E7B803-FF32-45AB-B240-4D5FA707C76B.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I'd buy a Jaguar module for sure!

If getting reference data for the RAF versions is too hard then Ecador, France, Nigera and Oman all previously operated it and have now retired it. Any of those version, though not as well equipped as a GR.3 would be fine (could easily stand in for the GR.1 standard I am guessing). India is another notable operator, but seeing as they still operate the jet I think they'd be tightly holding information they have on their variants.

I know one of the main external differences between the UK and French versions of the jet was the laser spot tracker in the nose, and the cockpit was very different in detail, the big moving map display was peculiar to the British version if I'm not mistaken. Additionally, earlier versions had a Mirage style stick grip instead of the Harrier II/Tornado F.3 style grip shown in SuliedRocket11's pictures above. The Jaguar International operated by Oman, Nigeria and Ecuador seems to be externally similar to the British version with the spot tracker.

In any case - an interesting cold war era strike jet. Good suggestion!

• Like 4

Do you use VR? Do you feel sad when you are just a dismbodied set of eyes floating in the cockpit? Check out my list of paid aircraft modules that support the visible virtual pilot body:

On 3/24/2022 at 6:55 AM, Mike Force Team said:

I would add the Jaguar to my list.  This jet would be great for flying missions on the South Atlantic Map, when it is available.

As the Jaguar was a major part of the RAF's commitment to NATO, I'm not sure there was every any serious deployment to the Falklands. That said, it shouldn't stop you from doing it 👍

The Jaguar did have a rough-field capability - it should (in theory) be able to operate from the "dirt" fields on the Normandy map, for example...

• Like 1

Do you use VR? Do you feel sad when you are just a dismbodied set of eyes floating in the cockpit? Check out my list of paid aircraft modules that support the visible virtual pilot body:

• 4 months later...

Jaguar would be very interesting. Maybe not GR3 which entered service in 2000s and it would be badly outdated in 2000s, possibly even impossible to use in symmetrical battlefield and possibly still highly classified.

But Jaguar GR1 from 1970s or GR1A from 1980s and Gulf War would be very nice and distinct, requiring skill to employ weapon, navigate and far more survivable in symmetrical battlefield.

mr0063.jpg

Edited by bies
  • Like 7

A Jaguar would be a great addition to DCS, especially with the upcoming Kola map. RAF Jaguars used to have deployments and excercises on Bardufoss Air Station in Northern Norway every year until the Jaguar's retirement from service. The photo recon planes would photograph my school for training, and the pilots would visit and show us the pictures. They would fly very low and fast through the valleys on a regular basis during winter excercises.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been getting enticed with this plane recently. I think Gr 1/A version would fit better.

Realistically I think most people would pick the Tornado instead of the Jag anyway but I'definutely get a Jaguar.  Also, I have a big French bias. Until the Mirage 2000D and the SEM came about (and I don't believe we're getting any of those) it was the only designation pod-capable platform.  Would be a terrific complement to the F1 and capable of quite a punch.

On top of everything g, the combination of the properly ww2 style cockpit of the Jaguar A with ccio/ccrp and targeting pod is somewhat mind blowing to me

• Like 2

As a Viggen lover, this comes next after the JA-37. I would be rearranging my assets so that I could get it on Day One.

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

21 hours ago, Delta-canard said:

Would be a terrific complement to the F1 and capable of quite a punch.

On top of everything g, the combination of the properly ww2 style cockpit of the Jaguar A with ccio/ccrp and targeting pod is somewhat mind blowing to me

This.

20 hours ago, WinterH said:

I slightly prefer the French A, but would be ok with a GR1 too

And that.

If we get a JAG we'll need a sub-variant that can l@ze, so we can use it's utmost potential in conjunction with other modules. Even if it's not fitting 100%, like a GR.

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

Clearly, yes. Lasing capability would be a unique one in a cold war setting (at least for a single-seater) right now if we want to buddy lase for an older platform we have to bring in a much more modern "buddy".
Historically, French Jags pioneered single-seater self lasing. They almost sold the ATLIS to the US but American military finally dropped it as they had no shortage of two-seater.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 6:46 PM, bies said:

Jaguar would be very interesting. Maybe not GR3 which entered service in 2000s and it would be badly outdated in 2000s, possibly even impossible to use in symmetrical battlefield and possibly still highly classified.

But Jaguar GR1 from 1970s or GR1A from 1980s and Gulf War would be very nice and distinct, requiring skill to employ weapon, navigate and far more survivable in symmetrical battlefield.

mr0063.jpg

The most important thing on a Jag module would be the top mounted sidewinders for me. I freakin' love that.

So please guys, I have no clue, but now you know what variant you need to put on the wish list for me^^

Edited by Bananabrai

Alias in Discord: Mailman