Is George Searching?

gav88888
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Only when you tell him to look, unfortunately. I think there could be a better and more realistic system, personally, as the CP/G surely should have some agency in the matter. 

I've said it before - there should be a probability-based concept where George starts to identify targets within a certain range based on factors such as lighting, unit size, tree coverage, terrain, etc etc. Yet I can't see ED doing that for a long time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I dont think so... but he is really good in finding targets within area you tell him... so I think its really nice (as for beta testing)... yea searching enemies or/and engaging multiple targets would be great (instead of telling him to shot one after another)

• Like 2

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|

9 minutes ago, deyv said:

I dont think so... but he is really good in finding targets within area you tell him... so I think its really nice (as for beta testing)... yea searching enemies or/and engaging multiple targets would be great (instead of telling him to shot one after another)

Petrovich is relatively terrible at looking for targets, but that kind of makes sense as he doesn't have the tools at his disposal that George does. However my biggest peeve with this module is that the commands you give George are virtually identical, very, very limited and only limited to weapons use, and he has no agency to actually look for targets\contacts on his own. which is why I'll wait for the 14 day period to try before I buy. I kind of wanted George AI to be much less hands on than he is at the moment. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• ED Team
  • Solution
3 hours ago, gav88888 said:

Hi,

By default does George search for enemy units within visual range or only when you tell him to look at an area by pushing up to search?

Thanks

George independently searching for targets is planned for the future in early access. 

thanks

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ah thank god, that's great news. I was under the impression it would be the same as Petrovich. Happy to know I was wrong!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

George independently searching for targets is planned for the future in early access. 

thanks

Great, in the meantime I think a cool and quick improvement could be to have George switch targets down the list after hitting one rather than having to relaunch a search.😉

• Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, jojo said:

Great, in the meantime I think a cool and quick improvement could be to have George switch targets down the list after hitting one rather than having to relaunch a search.😉

use a long press down he should pick the next target.

Just now, Ian Boys UK said:

Please can we have that in the Hind too? It's crazy that a Huey can fly past and Petro never even mentions it.

Its planned for the HIND also. Thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

22 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Thanks for this little bit of very important information. I hope that it's also something that's relatively high priority on the AI feature list for development. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 11:25 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Sweet!

For the Petrovitch too I hope

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 1 year later...

As to possible CP/G seat target searching help?   George is REAL good in the CP/G seat and you flying Pilot.  With George helper up ...."Just hit W" for George and he Slave TADS to ACQ FXD for targets in a list presented to the pilot.  Now if I am in the CP/G seat how can I  have that same type of easy target acquisition?  I have in the mission editor placed enemy targets in places fairly close but nothing clues me into enemy being there.  Is there any Voice Attack commands for the CP/G seat to help me?  Please advise...Thank you!

If I understand you correctly, you want help in finding targets while in the CPG seat??

You basically just do what George do. George doesn't find any target unless you tell him to search in a specific area. 

All you have to do is searching the same way with the TADS. You are George.

If you are unable to find targets with the TADS, I guess you can turn on labels 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

That functionality would be new for me.

When George AI is active on the backseat, He‘s doing the flying job.

George does it lay look for targets as CPG as he‘s using the TADS for this task. So when you are as player in the frontseat, it‘s you occupying the TADS.

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - CH-47F - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1