AI Wingmen commands

Clunk1001

Hi

I'd like to request a single additional wingman command - "Disengage" which would override all other behavior and have the wingmen rejoin.

In an environment with multiple bandit groups, the Engage Bandits command results in them going from one group to the next (which could be 40 miles away) until they die.  Trying to spam RTB, Get the Tanker, Rejoin is futile.

This is how it feels trying to get my AI wingman (callsign 'Fenton') to disengage

Thanks

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Is it just FlankerKiller and me who play with AI wingmen?

- rejoin formation

- two: engaging bandit

- go finger four

- three: engaging bandit

- rejoin formation!

- RTB!

- three: engaged defensive

- rejoin formation!!!

- two: ejecting

- rejoin formation!!!!

- three: ejecting

why is there not any disengage logic or comm. option?

• Like 2

AI needs a lot of improvement.

However rejoin usually works for me, at least with F-16. You have to note that you can't just disengage from every situation, if enemy is close and firing missiles at your wingmen he has to defend and react accordingly.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F14 wingmen continue to engage any contact within about 50 miles,  which pretty much takes them from bandit to bandit right across the Map, until they are eventually taken out by SAMs.

On a large Liberation Campaign where the map is full of bandits, as soon as you select engage - you simply won't see your wingmen again, F10 Map reveals they're perhaps 100 miles away still heading in the wrong direction, probably toward a heavily defended airfield. 

I wonder if this may actually be more of an F14 issue, due to their capability to engage >50 miles?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clunk1001 said:

The F14 wingmen continue to engage any contact within about 50 miles,  which pretty much takes them from bandit to bandit right across the Map, until they are eventually taken out by SAMs.

On a large Liberation Campaign where the map is full of bandits, as soon as you select engage - you simply won't see your wingmen again, F10 Map reveals they're perhaps 100 miles away still heading in the wrong direction, probably toward a heavily defended airfield. 

I wonder if this may actually be more of an F14 issue, due to their capability to engage >50 miles?

That's strange, I literally played a Liberation session yesterday in the Hornet. At some point (when I noticed my wingman started to stray) I ordered him to RTB and he did just that.

Perhaps as you say it's more of an F-14 issue? Like Metzger, I too never really have troubles with this.

Nonetheless, I think we can all agree, AI needs much improvement. Luckily ED is steadily working on this.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

But when you're in the murder machine that is F14. You're just having too much fun to go home.

I can imagine, as in the F14 you have a lot more time at hand to have fun, considering you only have to do half of what the Bug pilot does on its own... :music_whistling:

Just messing with you mate 😉

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH