Empty M261 Rocket Pods

Swift.

I must be missing something about this request...  what's the purpose of mounting a pod without rockets??

Is it to force the player to go to an airbase or FARP to get rockets loaded, as part of the mission play? If not, then I don't "get it"

• Like 1

• ED Team
27 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

I must be missing something about this request...  what's the purpose of mounting a pod without rockets??

I assume it's for more realism. In reality, AH-64 pylon configurations are rarely changed unless a mission specifically requires it.  That's why you almost always see AH-64's flying around the US with empty rocket pods and missile launchers, save for maybe a captive training Hellfire mounted on one rail.

If you see a clean wing AH-64 in the US, it's probably going into or coming out of a major overhaul/inspection, coming off the assembly line, or being transferred somewhere.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not judging or meant offensive in any way, but purely out of my curiosity, why would you want to load empty rocket pods?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Would be kind of a fun feature; take off with empty pods and rails, fly over a civilian area, then go refuel and rearm at a FARP where they don't have to load the heavy launchers, and just put the missiles, rockets and gun rounds onto the chopper. I believe that's quite a valid scenario. 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

Would be kind of a fun feature; take off with empty pods and rails, fly over a civilian area, then go refuel and rearm at a FARP where they don't have to load the heavy launchers, and just put the missiles, rockets and gun rounds onto the chopper. I believe that's quite a valid scenario. 🙂

ah yes, good point

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

+1, we already have empty launchers for a few modules (A-10 has BRU-42A, LAU-88 and LAU-105, AH-64D has M299s, Mi-24P has empty racks for Ataka/Shturm), I don't see why we can't have empty rocket pods too.

Even better (if we can't already) be able to partially fill rocket pods when ammunition stocks are low. EDIT: at the moment it looks like the rocket entries in the warehouse are a full rocket pod's worth; so if I have 10 M151 rockets in the warehouse, I can load 10 full rocket pods, regardless of how large the rocket pod is.

Edited by Northstar98
clarity
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

6 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

ugh blind me, thanks.

6 hours ago, sirrah said:

Not judging or meant offensive in any way, but purely out of my curiosity, why would you want to load empty rocket pods?

What Raptor said in the thread he linked. 

On 4/29/2022 at 3:20 PM, Northstar98 said:

+1, we already have empty launchers for a few modules (A-10 has BRU-42A, LAU-88 and LAU-105, AH-64D has M299s, Mi-24P has empty racks for Ataka/Shturm), I don't see why we can't have empty rocket pods too.

Even better (if we can't already) be able to partially fill rocket pods when ammunition stocks are low. EDIT: at the moment it looks like the rockets are a full rocket pod's worth; so if I have 10 M151 rockets in the warehouse, I can load 10 full rocket pods.

I can only hope that a more detailed implementation of the rearm menu is imminent to allow us to populate specific zones, rather than picking from a selection. But in lieu of that feature being imminent then what you suggested seems like a really simple and straightforward thing for ED to add. Hopefully they are keeping track of these threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• Raptor9 changed the title to Empty M261 Rocket Pods

This may seem like a strange request, but would it be possible to create a weapons loadout that has an empty Hellfire rack and the 2.75 FFAR pod? In some aerobatics servers, weapons aren't allowed... which is perfectly fine... but the Apache looks boring without the racks/tubes, and I've seen many Apaches flying with them real world, especially at airshows etc. 

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

29 minutes ago, hog_driver111th said:

This may seem like a strange request, but would it be possible to create a weapons loadout that has an empty Hellfire rack and the 2.75 FFAR pod? In some aerobatics servers, weapons aren't allowed... which is perfectly fine... but the Apache looks boring without the racks/tubes, and I've seen many Apaches flying with them real world, especially at airshows etc. 

In case you weren't already aware, the hellfire racks can already be loaded empty. But 100% agree on the rocket tubes.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

1 hour ago, Swift. said:

In case you weren't already aware, the hellfire racks can already be loaded empty. But 100% agree on the rocket tubes.

I wasn't. I only see where you can select 1 Hellfire, not empty. Totally empty would allow those servers to at least let us look normal, haha.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

On 9/22/2022 at 12:43 PM, Scaley said:

null

Odd, I hadn't seen that before, but hadn't really been looking for that exactly. Thanks! Now if we could get the empty rocket pod... 

• 1 year later...