Is it just me or is George really REALLY bad with the gun?

Ben149

Gun is pretty awesome. I was easily taking out trucks while flying fast and low at night using the PNVS. Make sure it’s on auto ranging. Really cool to go in, pants on fire, and just obliterate stuff.

As for George no I haven’t gotten him to work well with the gun yet but I haven’t tried much. On the consent to fire roe he wasn’t shooting at targets in range. Need to try when he’s on the weapons free roe

Lol oh and I flew through a zsu / Sam emplacement NOE and gunned several targets then flared like a madman and used civilian housing as cover 😬

Edited by S. Low

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

George is def. better during stable flight... also I would try to do IHADSS boresight alignment (calibration)

image.png

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|

1 hour ago, Ben149 said:

All 300 rounds for 2 unarmored trucks and a few tries on a third. Really? 
I mean, it's an area wepon, I get it, but is it that bad?

The gun is not wrong, George is. The manual clearly says, when using the gun with TADS it is using improved weapon ballistics calculation and should be more precise. I don't see this is the case when George is on the gun. He must be using it with his helmet-sight and he is not capable to correct following shots in leading the shots like I would do when shooting the gun from the Pilot IHADS.

For me in VR, shooting the gun as Pilot is quite precise. You must correct the shooting rounds alot depending on your flight angle because no rangefinding or calculation is done (you can only change the manual range on the WPS page - standard for pilot is 1.500 m - I prefer about 500-700 as my default).

I hope the AI gets better with time. The same problem seems to appear with hellfire missiles - George corrects flight deviations very slow on the TADS. When I fly as CPG I can correct this very vell - looks like George doesnt use the stabilization feature with TADS in a practical way for now.

Edited by Tepnox

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

• Wags locked this topic