How to "MARK" a point using the helmet?

nickos86
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

• ED Team
  • Solution

As the gunner use the laser on the TEDAC and store the target location, 

as the pilot you would tell the gunner to look at where your cross is and have him mark the location. 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

22 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

As the gunner use the laser on the TEDAC and store the target location, 

as the pilot you would tell the gunner to look at where your cross is and have him mark the location. 

On that note, are we able to tell George to store a target? I think this has been asked and answered but I don’t remember 

• Like 3

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• ED Team

I spoke to the team, we are planning for George to also be able to create T## points later in early access

thanks

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As a PILOT what u can do is "up" on george command so he salves ur HMD, then enable CPG info on TSD/map, then use CAQ on map and drop it on the CPG - TADS position. now you should have a PLT symbol on the TSD/MAP and under coords T55 is your PLT point. Which u could then use as an ACQ point or what ever.

Or do it this way up" on George command so he salves ur HMD TSD->  ATK mode -> point ->ADD and then move the courser over TADS pos and then press coursor enter, in ATK mode it will automaticly create target point starting at t01. advantige of this method is of course that u can easely set up multiple points.

Now this is a bit cumbersome but the best we got for now wioth George hopefully he can store in the feature.

Edited by jayst0r
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, jayst0r said:

As a PILOT what u can do is "up" on george command so he salves ur HMD, then enable CPG info on TSD/map, then use CAQ on map and drop it on the CPG - TADS position. now you should have a PLT symbol on the TSD/MAP and under coords T55 is your PLT point. Which u could then use as an ACQ point or what ever.

Or do it this way up" on George command so he salves ur HMD TSD->  ATK mode -> point ->ADD and then move the courser over TADS pos and then press coursor enter, in ATK mode it will automaticly create target point starting at t01. advantige of this method is of course that u can easely set up multiple points.

Note that you will need to be in range and ask george to shoot so he can shot the laser and get the range of the target. Otherwise the mark of the TADS on the TSD will point in the direction of the target but it won't be in the correct distance.

If you don't want to shot a hellfire you can ask him to select the GUN which has less range and he won't shot it if it is out of range.

Hoping to get some help on storing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll lase a target, hit the store button on left handgrip, and I don't see anything pop on the COORD page. I've tried different combinations of holding the lase button down and pressing the store button. Also followed up with the update button as well, but no luck. I've watched Wag's TADS video several times too.

I've tried using both first detent and second detent lasing. 

4 hours ago, JJJ said:

Hoping to get some help on storing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll lase a target, hit the store button on left handgrip, and I don't see anything pop on the COORD page. I've tried different combinations of holding the lase button down and pressing the store button. Also followed up with the update button as well, but no luck. I've watched Wag's TADS video several times too.

Are you using hot or cold helicopter?

4 hours ago, JJJ said:

The laser is on? Check on wpn page and utility. There is a Laser on L6 if I remember which have to be checked (full dot)

Does your wpn system is Armed? The laser doesn't shoot if it's Safe.

Hey guys,

It's a hot chopper in single player, instant action.  Laser is on, weapon system is armed. 

I know the laser is firing because I see the 4 lines show up around the reticle. Plus, I've had no problem shooting hellfires accurately. 

What are the steps you guys are using for storing a target? Maybe I'm overlooking something. 

Thanks

12 hours ago, JJJ said:

If your trigger uses modifiers, you may need to set up the same modifiers on the store button