Rudder Pedals not Working Correctly

Hello,

I have been following the threads associated with the trim in the Apache so before you dismiss my post as not being a bug please read all of it. I have noticed an issue that only seems to be with the rudder pedals when trimming the Apache. I first noticed this when I would come in for a landing, I'd have to put in lots of pedal to compensate for torque and then I'd trim. Then I would watch as the aircraft would spin wildly to the side I trimmed to. At first I thought it was me and just needing to get used to trim. Then I watched Wags video and he suggested pulling up the controls indicator.  So I did and noticed some crazy behavior. In forward flight, when I press the pedal where I need it, then press forward on the trim button and recenter, it would work fine and trims exactly where I put it. However, it may work fine for a few trims but eventually it starts this crazy behavior. Once I have it trimmed for forward flight and then start landing, I'll press left pedal to compensate for torque and instead of trimming where I put the pedal, the control indicator jumps all the way to the left and trims there, in some cases all the way to the edge of the control indicator box and not where I put it. I began testing this on the ground and It is especially noticeable when you trim half way to the left or right and then trim half way to the opposite side. I can replicate this on either side of center and it does the same thing.

I am using Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals and I have an old pair of Thrustmaster ball crushers that does the exact same thing. I am using Central Position Trimmer Mode, and I have tried different USB plugs, I have double checked that I don't have other controllers bound to the rudder, and I have calibrated the pedals. Maybe this is part of the reason people are having such a hard time trimming. For me it's so frustrating that I am getting to the point I don't even want to fool with the Apache anymore.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

5 minutes ago, sSkullZnBoneZz said:

... I have double checked that I don't have other controllers bound to the rudder, and I have calibrated the pedals...

As I said in the post, yes.

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

Check the Axis tune for your rudder pedals. Look at the bottom for Axis tune drop down. I recently changed the way my pedals are plugged into my computer which created another input. If I don't switch to the right one, my pedals are all messed up. Not sure this is your problem but its worth a try.

20220321083155_1.jpg

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

• ED Team

Hi, 

please check you have no double bindings for rudder pedals in your axis. 

then check your special options tab for the AH-64D and let us know what rudder option you are using. 

please include a track replay of the issue. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have tried multiple times to provide a video recording but unfortunately your 5 MG limit prevents me from uploading it. I'm not a Youtuber and I don't have any other way to record other than Bandicam.  As I stated in the initial post I do not have additional controls bound to the rudder.

Screenshot 2022-03-21 122242.png

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

Just FYI I was not talking about having additional control bound to your rudders. I also don't. However I did have mine connected differently. When I changed the physical connection type it caused an extra bind/input. I have a JOY_RZ and a JOY_Z. If I don't pick the JOY_Z in AXIS TUNE, it does not function correctly.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

49 minutes ago, ddc196 said:

Just FYI I was not talking about having additional control bound to your rudders. I also don't. However I did have mine connected differently. When I changed the physical connection type it caused an extra bind/input. I have a JOY_RZ and a JOY_Z. If I don't pick the JOY_Z in AXIS TUNE, it does not function correctly.

Okay thanks, sorry I misunderstood you. I checked that also and it is set correctly.

28 minutes ago, sSkullZnBoneZz said:

Okay thanks, sorry I misunderstood you. I checked that also and it is set correctly.

No prob. Sorry that wasn't the issue. Good luck with finding the answer.

Ive found that the trim release button requires the rudder pedals (and joystick) to return to the neutral position or it gets 'stuck' and WILL NOT move. Ive started simply removing my feet off my rudder pedals after I press trim release (so they return to center) and then step hard back on them again. 

TJ

• Like 1

Try set "no spring, no FFB" for rudder trim method.

Thanks but unfortunately all the modes end up behaving the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive found that the trim release button requires the rudder pedals (and joystick) to return to the neutral position or it gets 'stuck' and WILL NOT move. Ive started simply removing my feet off my rudder pedals after I press trim release (so they return to center) and then step hard back on them again. 
TJ

Thanks, they are returning to center but I have experienced that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a similar problem, partly solved by double checking the FFB/Normal force trim. I had been away from the apache a few days. Came back. It LEAPED into the air and started rotating, crosswind pedals had not effect. Deleted the entries for other axis of this type, including the gampead and restarted. Still the same!  Found this thread and yes my trim was FFB not what it should have been. So changed that. No changed. Had not restarted the pc, only the game, but on a whim I unplugged the gamepad.

Restarted the game, and it was SORTED. So, although it said the gamepad was not being used, But LISTED in the items availalbe. Only when I unplugged did it really sort it.PHEW!

Though this might help someone