General Impressions

congo

I bought this sim as a digital download about four days ago. The few short times I got it to run it was enjoyable but its stability is somewhat questionable after numerous crashes to desktop while trying to configure joystick and virtual joystick setting it has become just too frustrating. All the flipping back and forth during the loading process and now I cant even get any of the training missions or standard missions to run it just says failed to load sorry for the inconvienience. I think I will shelve this app until they patch it or do whatever. If I thought I could get a refund I would ask but I know that is unrealistic. Eagle Dynamics is going to have to do better than this to add me to their loyal customer base. If and when patches start to appear maybe Ill revisit but until then Adios Blackshark.

PS just removed it from my hard drive

Edited by congo

• ED Team

What are your system specs? You can't simply blame the product without giving much else information, since it seems like everybody else on the forums are enjoying it to the fullest, including me :)

Trust me - It's not the product ;)

I have since release downloaded and installed/reinstalled the Russian Download version, the Russian DVD version and now the English Download version - and all bar the English download version on two different computers...............

And all the while not a single issue to be had............So you'd be well advised to troubleshoot a bit closer to home BEFORE pointing the finger at ED........;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

What are your system specs? You can't simply blame the product without giving much else information, since it seems like everybody else on the forums are enjoying it to the fullest, including me :)

Pentium 4 at 3.2 Gig, 3 Gig of memory PC 5400, Nvidia 9800GT with 512 of VRAM. This is the only app that has ever given me these numerous problems.

What joystick do you have and does it have software with it to set up profiles?

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

What joystick do you have and does it have software with it to set up profiles?

Ch Products Flightstick pro which worked fine when the sim was running. Its when I started to map virtual joystick that the problems began and nothing but CTDs

The few short times I got it to run it was enjoyable but its stability is somewhat questionable after numerous crashes to desktop while trying to configure joystick and virtual joystick setting it has become just too frustrating.

Its definately something with your PC. I have been playing for days and not had any crashes whatsoever. Black Shark is the most stable simulation I have ever played, period.

Can say nothing about this problem without error.log or *.crash info from /temp/ folder of BS, though I understand it is much harder to post useful info about your problems here than blame us all without checking your drivers and codecs at least.

Edited by Ulrich
picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

Listen Guys,

Finally ironed out all the glitches and just wanted to appologize for taking my initial frustrations out on you, Told xp to recoginize my mouse as something other than a sidewinder and found the proper NewInput.DLL and the sim is running like a charm on my machine though I do have the vcard a tad overclocked. No more CTD,s Again Please accept my sincerest appologies.

Almost forgot to add that BS is probably by far one of the most realistic simulators I've ever flown. Scenery both internal and external again some of the best if not the best. I was fortunate enough to fly the V-22 sim at Pax river back in the eighties and now Im thinking how antiquated that was compared to this! You have my vote for a Job well done and yes consider me a loyal customer.

Congo

Edited by congo

Yes,

That seemed to be one of them, I went into control panel and opened MS Intellipoint and ran my sidewinder as an Intellimouse optical and reverted back to the 178.24 Nvidia drivers and additionally downloaded another NewInput Dynamic Link Library file over at the freetrack site and it seems to have cured most of the problems. Be aware that I am using FT in 2DOF mode with the zoom view mapped to my POV switch on joystick, but yea I would try a different set of mouse drivers.