How to increase Betty/CMWS volume?

frostycab

I'm finding Betty and the CMWS volume to be almost inaudible through even the APU sound, let alone the engines at full power. I have tried:

- Increasing "cockpit volume"

-Increasing "helmet volume"

-Increasing the CMWS Audio knob

-Increasing the RLWR knob

-Increasing the ATA knob

-Increasing the VCR knob

And nothing works. Both Betty and CMWS are so quiet I can barely understand what they're saying in-flight.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 1

I switch SQL switches up, first to get rid of static sound.

Mastrer Volume is max.

If, selected "Hear like in helmet" or something in OPTIONS page, it will be all fine.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

2 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

You may need to adjust your DCS audio sliders too.  Like turn down World and/or Cockpit, but keep Helmet maxed. Or check Hear Like In Helmet. My settings below:

Per my initial post I have already done those with no effect. The only thing I haven't tried is the Master Volume knob, which I thought was at maximum by default, but I can give that another go.

I take that back, I have tried Master Volume, and it only gave me a squelch tone.

Edited by Nealius

Thank you, but that does not work. All volume dials set to max with all squelch knobs in the up position. "Hear like in helmet" is also set in the options. Betty is audible, but only just. It would just be nice if she was made louder with the ability to turn her down a bit if you don't like the level, rather than OK for some and too quiet for the rest.

• Like 2

I’m sorry, but it really doesn’t. Certainly not for me. The assertion that the ADF dial controls her volume would suggest that turning the dial all the way down would silence her. This is not happening in my case. It may be a bug that’s only affecting a few people, me included, but I’m not quite old enough yet that I’m unable to tell soft from loud. 😄

30 minutes ago, Malakhit said:

For some reason, the SQL switches default to the "wrong" option - so make sure they've all been clicked first, otherwise you'll hear a lot of static.

That's what got me. I started digging through manual pictures and found all the squelch switches were up, but none of the checklists or video tutorials mention this step during startup.

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Nealius said:

That's what got me. I started digging through manual pictures and found all the squelch switches were up, but none of the checklists or video tutorials mention this step during startup.

It's because they aren't implemented properly yet.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

4 hours ago, Malakhit said:

I'm not talking about the ADF dial, that only makes the Missile Warning voice louder. I'm talking about the Master Volume knob - marked here with an orange arrow.

I verified that this works by sitting on the ramp with the voice warnings that play when the APU is switched on - moving the "MASTER" dial definitely changed the volume of Betty for me. For some reason, the SQL switches default to the "wrong" option - so make sure they've all been clicked first, otherwise you'll hear a lot of static.

I get that you're trying to help, but as I said in my earlier comment:

6 hours ago, frostycab said:

All volume dials set to max with all squelch knobs in the up position. "Hear like in helmet" is also set in the options. 

They key here is *all* volume dials are at their maximum, but I don't want to argue about it. Yes, the Master dial does affect the volume, but even at max I find she is still not easy to hear. I know the obvious counter to this is "Go and get your hearing tested," but even if I did and it was a bit off it wouldn't change my hope to have the volume of the source audio increased slightly so that it can be made louder in game if people need it.

I know I could perhaps try tweaking the volume levels in the DCS setting for engines, environment and such too, but they're spot on for all the other aircraft as far as I'm concerned, and don't fancy having to change things around every time I change aircraft.

Anyway, it's just a hope. If nothing changes then I'll have to live with it.