Movie "Bombardment"

Ercoupe

I watched a film on Netflix last night. I'd never heard of it, and I think Netflix just released it. It involves Mossies, which is why I'm posting it here.

It's a Danish film about the RAF's bombing of the Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen in March of 1945. The scenes bounce back and forth between RAF crews, the resistance people that they tried to release, and the civilians who ultimately paid the biggest price for the raid.

It's a heartbreaking and brutal film from the first ten minutes and does not let up on you. It's not the "feel good movie of the year!" But watch it. I thought it was well done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Ercoupe said:

I watched a film on Netflix last night. I'd never heard of it, and I think Netflix just released it. It involves Mossies, which is why I'm posting it here.

It's a Danish film about the RAF's bombing of the Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen in March of 1945. The scenes bounce back and forth between RAF crews, the resistance people that they tried to release, and the civilians who ultimately paid the biggest price for the raid.

It's a heartbreaking and brutal film from the first ten minutes and does not let up on you. It's not the "feel good movie of the year!" But watch it. I thought it was well done.

Very good movie. And seem to have taken a lot of care with the Mossie scenes. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Good movie, if a little lacking in context, eg the No of Mossie and Mustang crews who were lost on the mission 

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a Danish movie (I´m Danish as a sidenote).

It´s Ok, with some nice CGI parts of the Mosquito's, but the story feels incomplete.

Also note that in the start of the movie, a scene where a Mosquito attacking a Danish civilian car, with Young people going to a wedding party, is shown. A scene I really can´t see any reason to include other than for extending the movie.

Problem with that scene is that it did not happen in reality, and names of the pilot and navigator from the actual attack was used, of course causing protests from their Families. I think it has been changed afterwards, but nonetheless it was shown in Danish Cinema's.

This makes me have a somewhat negative view on that movie - half baked content, with a unprofessional and unnecessary mishap, that shouldn´t have happened.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I also watched the movie.  I was very impressed with it.  My only complaint is the movie changing directions and concentrating on the church school bombing, without mentioning the results of the attack on the Gestapo headquarters. There was a list at the movies end of civilians killed, but nothing about the RAF losses, or how many resistance fighters were killed or escaped.  That being the purpose of the attack.  I also fast forwarded a bit so I wouldn’t see the part in which the little girl finally drowned. The Mosquitoes were shown very well.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.