The Kerman Campaign by Ground Pounder Sims - in development

ChillNG

I'm pleased to introduce the Kerman Campaign for the AV-8B Harrier.  This will be an intense 12 mission campaign, set within the storyline of the A-10C campaign 'Persian Freedom'.

The Kerman Campaign will put Harrier pilots right in the middle of 1 MEFs push through Kerman province and will provide the ultimate test of your skill as you provide support to your fellow Marines. The Kerman Campaign will feature extensive FOB operations, an enhanced version of the custom JTAC system introduced in Persian Freedom, a custom ATC system, and several thousand lines of audio.

ETA Q4 2022.

Edited by ChillNG
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Color me intrigued.

• Like 1

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, as a bit of a teaser of what the Kerman campaign is all about I've posted mission 1 of the campaign on the user files...enjoy!

Edit - I've gathered all the feedback I need for now so have removed the file, appreciate all the comments around performance and the final release version will be optimized based on your feedback.

Edited by ChillNG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Really cool mission! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the campaign. One criticism, the framerate at FOB Juliet is really bad. I don't have a top end machine but I'm not exactly running a potato either. Landing was very challenging, kind of a slideshow. The detail is very cool but might be a bit heavy on units for a lot of people machines 

37 minutes ago, gnomechild said:

Really cool mission! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the campaign. One criticism, the framerate at FOB Juliet is really bad. I don't have a top end machine but I'm not exactly running a potato either. Landing was very challenging, kind of a slideshow. The detail is very cool but might be a bit heavy on units for a lot of people machines 

Thanks, one of the reasons I wanted to put it out there for a wider point of view.  Juliet can be pretty heavy on performance, there's still plenty more I can do to trim the units down there yet.

• Like 1

Yeah it's definitely a shame. The FOB looks incredible. Looks just like the stuff you see in pictures. Don't cull too much. I'm sure plenty of people can run it alright. The mission was really a lot of fun. Voice acting was top notch and I really enjoyed the procedures. Got a 95! Really like the ATC and approach pattern stuff

1 hour ago, gnomechild said:

Yeah it's definitely a shame. The FOB looks incredible. Looks just like the stuff you see in pictures. Don't cull too much. I'm sure plenty of people can run it alright. The mission was really a lot of fun. Voice acting was top notch and I really enjoyed the procedures. Got a 95! Really like the ATC and approach pattern stuff

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

@ChillNG

first off thank you for creating this content. 
secondly, even better when it’s for the harrier 😉 - really looking forward to the final product.  

some productive feedback (the last being very subjective):

fantastic worldbuilding, briefing docs and fluff. Really nice and adds immersion.  

great location on the map 

great to have that many voiceovers and extra conversations, content seems on point and not too arcady or „gun ho merica“

even a simple fam flight was fun, and the (extra) tasks are cool! More please 

FOB:

Assets - location is great, assets cool ( infrastructure....destroyed defender tanks etc!), but as others said- the amount of assets is a bit too demanding, while takeoff straight out is ok, landing towards all of them makes a slow landing or vertical landing more (unnecessarily) difficult. 

line up of helos is impressive, and helps shorten the runway; but, is a bit much imho and helps cause above‘s perf issues. Maybe a few less? or other creative ways to reduce runway lengths ? It feels like I'm taxiing by the entire fleet of marine helos. Also ,the Cobras were typically all grey paintjobs in the timeframe, not the camo pattern. 

tent city - yup, marines need space, but it seems a bit much (amount wise- similar to the helicopter Assets) , also , even though they’re marines , the abrahms in the middle don’t make sense to me (granted, only have German army experience, but wouldn’t see this happening). Seems too tight, too congested, not a clear area for all logistical and technical support / specialized tools the tanks would need. Too tight for ammo loading etc. I’d see if they can live/ park close by the other vehicles, remove some of the tents around the square and keep that cemented square area for soldier formations and add an American flag ! 

Voiceover/ callsigns: 

some minor remarks - it seems a biiit monotone at times, actors don’t feel in the moment. When having to call a break bc of SAMs I’d imagine a bit more excitement in their voices  

mother as a callsign is (atleast to my knowledge) reserved for the boat, I found it weird calling mother over radio so far inland.

squadron / liveries :

I saw you were going for vma 311 tomcats with the day livery option in your trailer and promo content. 
in game I had vma 223 bulldogs night livery on all harriers (maybe an error?) 

But I honestly liked it more. I get that there’s picture sources that show the 311s flying the day version , but from talking to SMEs over on razbams discord, the day version is an older paint job and most newer jets had the dark paint job and typically the day jets were old. Also, just personal opinion , the execution of the vanilla day paintjob is not really nice and realistic. It looks very „plasticy“ and clean- where it should be grimey and dirty..  (stumbled across this great source : https://www.seaforces.org/usmcair/VMA/VMA-311.htm for 311) 
would you consider going to night paint jobs, or rotating through airframes as they said in the briefing documents , limiting day paintjobs? 
would you consider haven’t Someone create a livery pack for this campaign ? There’s artists like @lee1hy that do fantastic realistic paintjobs that are real eyecandy. I can’t speak towards their availability or costs of course. 

Will there be Tarawa Starts/Landings? 

this ended up being way more than I thought I’d write 🙂 happy to chat more here , or DM or on a discord if you have one. Happy to provide more feedback if this helps or is wanted 🙂 

thank you again and can’t wait for release ! 

Edited by Thanatos31

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

23 minutes ago, Thanatos31 said:

@ChillNG

first off thank you for creating this content. 
secondly, even better when it’s for the harrier 😉 - really looking forward to the final product.  

some productive feedback (the last being very subjective):

fantastic worldbuilding, briefing docs and fluff. Really nice and adds immersion.  

great location on the map 

great to have that many voiceovers and extra conversations, content seems on point and not too arcady or „gun ho merica“

even a simple fam flight was fun, and the (extra) tasks are cool! More please 

FOB:

location is great, assets cool ( destroyed defender tanks etc!), but as others said- the amount of assets is a bit too demanding, while takeoff straight out is ok, landing towards all of them makes a slow landing or vertical landing more difficult. 

line up of helos is impressive, and helps shorten the runway; but, is a bit much imho and helps cause above‘s perf issues. Maybe a few less? or other creative ways to reduce runway lengths ? 

tent city - yup, marines need space, but it seems a bit much (amount wise- similar to the helicopter Assets) , also , even though they’re marines , the abrahms in the middle don’t make sense to me (granted, only have German army experience, but wouldn’t see this happening). Seems too tight, too congested, not a clear area for all logistical and technical support / specialized tools the tanks would need. Too tight for ammo loading etc. I’d see if they can live/ park close by the other vehicles, remove some of the tents around the square and keep that cemented square area for soldier formations and add an American flag ! 

Voiceover/ callsigns: 

some minor remarks - it seems a biiit monotone at times, actors don’t feel in the moment. When having to call a break bc of SAMs I’d imagine a bit more excitement in their voices  

mother as a callsign is (atleast to my knowledge) reserved for the boat, I found it weird calling mother over radio so far inland.

squadron / liveries :

I saw you were going for vma 311 tomcats with the day livery option in your trailer and promo content. 
in game I had vma 223 bulldogs night livery on all harriers.

and honestly like it more. I get that there’s picture sources that show the 311s flying the day version , but from talking to SMEs over on razbams discord, the day version is an older paint job and most newer jets had the dark paint job and typically the day jets were old. Also, just personal opinion , the execution of the vanilla day paintjob is not really nice and realistic. It looks very „plasticy“ and clean. 
would you consider going to night paint jobs, or rotating through airframes as they said in the briefing documents , limiting day paintjobs? 
would you consider haven’t Someone create a livery pack for this campaign ? There’s artists like @lee1hy that do fantastic realistic paintjobs that are real eyecandy. I can’t speak towards their availability or costs of course. 

this ended up being way more than I thought I’d write 🙂 happy to chat more here , or DM or on a discord if you have one. Happy to provide more feedback if this helps or is wanted 🙂 

thank you again and can’t wait for release ! 

Thanks for the feedback, some good points to take into consideration!  Certainly around number of units and performance that has been addressed for the final version.  The livery won't match as I made some minor modifications to the livery used, this would need to be downloaded as an additional file for the sample so just left it as wrong for the sample mission (although I still thought it was the default 311 skin not the bulldogs so I'll check).

Thanks again!

• Like 1

happy to help and enjoyed this alot ! hope to see more soon now that OP CN was released  🙂 ( very  selfishly speaking 🙂
€dited original post with a source for 311 images; you probably already have) 

Edited by Thanatos31
  • Thanks 1

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

Tried the Mission and no go in vr just like the f18 campaign,  Way to low fps and bad stuttering,  Ill wait for ED to get multithreading in.  8700k at 4.9ghz and 1080ti Quest 2.  Other campaigns run fine.

Fps is in the teens and very bad stuttering,  think its at object limit

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...