Mission 8 -Mission fails to proceed after landing on Frigate MINSK

G'day friends,

Having a bit of trouble in Mission 8 - as per the title. After the tanker blows and I receive the instruction to land on the MINSK with the sun in the rear, I proceed to land on the MINSK ... and nothing happens.

I have a track file of the mission if it'll help. I can't post it here since it's larger than the limit.

Is this a known issue? 

Thanks, and I still have'nt given up on this campaign despite the bugs - still pluggin away!

@KoalaDoraemon

I checked the mission and everything works fine for me. :juggle:
On landing, a simple in zone trigger combined with collective down and speed lower than... is triggered.

After that there should be a message to let the collective down if possible, if this message comes the trigger has triggered and it takes about 1 minute to continue.
If the message does not come, I guess that your collective is not completely down. :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks for replying,

Just to confirm are you running 

the  DCS 2.7.11.21408.1 Open Beta

-or-

the latest stable build DCS 2.7.10.19473 - 09.02.2022 ?

On the F10 map on the  stable build DCS 2.7.10.19473 ..the MINSK waypont is displaced from the actual landing pad. Please see attached pic. My HUEY was landed on the MINSK landing pad at this point.

Could this be the source of the issue?

MINSK.png

Edited by KoalaDoraemon

• 10 months later...

Hey There! I really like the DCS Worlds Apart Campaign!

I have an issue with the mission 8, it's not possible to land at the MINSK, the HUEY bounces when it touches down, and keep bouncing until it crashes, it appear to be a DCS bug... 

I try to check files and also tried in another computer and the bug remains... I´m using ateam DCS updated Beta version...

I also tried to create a mission at the mission editor, but the bounced landing happens as well, however, IA huey can land perfectly at the MINSK, but if you take over control (Ralt+J) when its already landed, it will start bouncing....

Its a very annoying bug, may I suggest to update the mission using another vessel until DCS fix the ship problem?

Ps... the crewmembers at the landing zone seems to be floating a little higher than the landing zone...

Am 4.2.2023 um 21:37 schrieb PhoenixFC3:

Hey There! I really like the DCS Worlds Apart Campaign!

I have an issue with the mission 8, it's not possible to land at the MINSK, the HUEY bounces when it touches down, and keep bouncing until it crashes, it appear to be a DCS bug... 

I try to check files and also tried in another computer and the bug remains... I´m using ateam DCS updated Beta version...

I also tried to create a mission at the mission editor, but the bounced landing happens as well, however, IA huey can land perfectly at the MINSK, but if you take over control (Ralt+J) when its already landed, it will start bouncing....

Its a very annoying bug, may I suggest to update the mission using another vessel until DCS fix the ship problem?

Ps... the crewmembers at the landing zone seems to be floating a little higher than the landing zone...

Thank you for your feedback and effort in solving the problem. I knew it is frustrating when things went wrong and a mission broke.
I will check that out.
In that case ED may by faster, because i already realized that problem on the Tarawa as well. 
This is a problem regularly apere in DCS and points to changes ships in general.
Many Ships have new more detailed 3 d models and textures, so it seems to be a work in progress problem.

Always happy landings ;)

@PhoenixFC3
Hello
I checked your error message, and it is indeed only this one ship, which seems to be under revision.
Have replaced this temporarily until ED has fixed the problem.
The new version of the mission has been sent to ED and should be included in the next update.
Thanks again for your report and your patience. 

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

After this last update I went eager to continue the campaign... the minsk has been replaced by a moskau, I could land normally, proceed to the oil rig then back to the misnk and then I was sent to land in the american oliver frigate, but there is a black hawk chopper there... unable to land and complete the mission... I'm really frustraded...

I know DCS has bugs but still, please fix it and play the mission to make sure its ok...

Thanks for attention

@PhoenixFC3

Hello,
I'm sorry it took so long to get the update; ED is, unfortunately, very inflexible regarding campaigns.
And, of course, I test all repairs before I forward the mission to ED. :weight_lift_2:
Have immediately retested the mission and can not find any error. :dunno:
The Black Hawk starts and circles the ships while you are transporting.
What specifically can be the cause of your problem?

I have two guesses:
1. you used the time acceleration, and what unfortunately often happens,
skipped the trigger for the start.
2. you got too close to the Black Hawk while circling the ships, and it was damaged, which made it turn back to the frigate.

My money is on the 1.  :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

And we have a winner! you bet your money wisely...

First things first... I apologize, because I used time acceleration indeed (and that's because I wasn't sure if the mission had been fixed since It wasn't mentioned on the changelog for this last update)

Thanks for your time and attention!

Greetings friends,

Just thought I'd chime in as well as the OP. The issues I had were related to the usage of time acceleration as well. . The missions are complex and time acceleration just cocks up the triggers. I've also seen it happen it other missions in the campaign.

Just stay away from time acceleration😅🤣 !

Well we wanted realism, and we GOT it 🙂.

Hope you're doing good CHPL, we've not been able to fly together since that ONE time, RL got in the way. I've not flown DCS for 6 months now as well.

Cheers buds!

Am 12.3.2023 um 14:37 schrieb PhoenixFC3:

And we have a winner! you bet your money wisely...

First things first... I apologize, because I used time acceleration indeed (and that's because I wasn't sure if the mission had been fixed since It wasn't mentioned on the changelog for this last update)

Thanks for your time and attention!

Don't worry. This time I am lucky. But how knows what will be in Mission 9 :punch: 
I am here to help.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb KoalaDoraemon:

Hope you're doing good CHPL, we've not been able to fly together since that ONE time, RL got in the way. I've not flown DCS for 6 months now as well.

Cheers buds!

Yes, I do. I hope you doing well. You are always welcome. :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)