does the m2000 have the worst radar?

Ashenslinky

7 minutes ago, Ashenslinky said:

maximum rangen 40 nm after that it won't show any bogeys on radar and even below 40 nm it takes a while before they show up on radar, 

You are mistaken, the radar range against a fighter sized target is about 60 nm.

Are you sure you are using the radar correctly ? A track or a video would allow use to help you.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

11 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

You are mistaken, the radar range against a fighter sized target is about 60 nm.

Are you sure you are using the radar correctly ? A track or a video would allow use to help you.

i tried it but they appear below 40 nm but then it's too late

There are a lot of factors that will vary the radar detection range a lot.

In ideal condition the Mirage can pick up and lock fighter size target like su27 at 65+nm without problem(see screenshot below)

You will have a greater chance to pick up a head on high speed target at far range in the Mirage with default radar settings,but if the target is maneuvering around,you will have to change radar settings (PFR,A mode,BAR,Azimuth,Doppler Rejet,etc) to match the target condition.

123.png

234.png

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Like 1

Kyoto Animation forever!

13 hours ago, Ashenslinky said:

i tried it but they appear below 40 nm but then it's too late

As I said and as Akiazusa demonstrated, the radar has a maximum range greater than 40 nm, if you don't show us your issue we won't he able to help you resolve it.

Please, share a short track or a short video of you having this issue.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The radar is pretty good to spot targets at around 60nm... if you put your scope range at 80nm it's pretty easy to find targets. Just keep an eye at your PRF, num of bar's and antena elevation.

What is odd is that if I put scope range at 160nm, the radar is dead, not even the fake contacts are shown...  

37 minutes ago, jacobs said:

The radar is pretty good to spot targets at around 60nm... if you put your scope range at 80nm it's pretty easy to find targets. Just keep an eye at your PRF, num of bar's and antena elevation.

What is odd is that if I put scope range at 160nm, the radar is dead, not even the fake contacts are shown...  

IIRC any ranges above 80nm of VTB is for navigation purpose,mainly to show BUT waypoints,the radar is still working in the background,but no radar contact will be shown

Edited by Akiazusa
  • Like 1

Kyoto Animation forever!

25 minutes ago, Akiazusa said:

IIRC any ranges above 80nm of VTB is for navigation purpose,mainly to show BUT waypoints,the radar is still working in the background,but no radar contact will be shown

Didn't know about that... thanks!

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Akiazusa:

Hi,
Can you please tell us where you read that? I looked it up in the DCS Mirage manual. I can only find the following entry: 
"Selectable range are 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 and 320 nm. In the 320 nm setting, no radar image (HFR contacts/BFR returns) is displayed as this range is intended to be used with a DO track." Or does that mean something completely different? (Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the Mirage yet, but I'm working on it 🙂 )

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

1 hour ago, kotor633 said:

Hi,
Can you please tell us where you read that? I looked it up in the DCS Mirage manual. I can only find the following entry: 
"Selectable range are 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 and 320 nm. In the 320 nm setting, no radar image (HFR contacts/BFR returns) is displayed as this range is intended to be used with a DO track." Or does that mean something completely different? (Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with the Mirage yet, but I'm working on it 🙂 )

Sorry,I got it wrong. I must have a bad memory.😖

Edited by Akiazusa

Kyoto Animation forever!