Post Early Access Tomcat Features

BreaKKer

I think a question most people have had with the recent updates to the FM, autopilot, and the recent comments about TARPS is how much more can we expect? Of course, there is only so many things that can be delivered, and only so many documents about the F-14A and F-14B from 1990-2000 to go around. The community knows the items intended on the Trello roadmap, but here are a list of some items/features that aren't there that I'd be curious about, some more reasonable than others.

1. Newer LANTIRN Software Update (See any F-14A, F-14B, and F-14D combat cruise videos from 2000 and forward)
  2. Cockpit grease pen (FAC(A), aircraft modex, etc.
  3. RIO Radar mode alternative button caps (Here is a VF-154 F-14A with the different caps)
  4. LANTIRN 40K (Differentiate the older laser burning pod than the 40K upgrade)
  5. CATM-7 and CATM-54
  6. HUD Video Export (Similar concept to the TCS and LANTIRN Export display)
  7. ALQ-167 (In coordination with the TARPS)
  8. HOZ Stab hydraulic resting position (Not level)
  9. Tape Recorder (HUD, TID, TCS)
  10. Huffer Cart (Static object?)
  11. Datalink waypoints between tomcats and E-2(?)
  12. BDU-57 LGTR

Previously discussed forum topics that may not have been revisited in a while, or were already discussed as a no-go:

1. Removable AAR Door
  2. Updated TID and/or TID Symbology
  3. AIM-54 Active when commanded (PDSTT with the 54 ACT Switch)
  4. AIM-54A HOJ Capability
  5. Late F-14A Upgrades 
  6. Late F-14B Upgrades
  7. Dynamic Modexes
  8. Expanded Chaff Adapter
  9. Missile Speed Gate Functionality
  10. Chocks and Chains
  11. ACMI Pod Interaction with TRAINING mode(?)
  12. CBU-78 GATOR

Of course I couldn't cover every single feature the F-14A and F-14B ever had. There are plenty of nonfunctional things that we currently have, but not every switch could be mentioned. Comment below any features I may have missed.

• Like 1

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

7 hours ago, BreaKKer said:

Comment below any features I may have missed.

I can't belive you didn't mention glove vanes , lol 🙂

1 & 4 - since we have very early LANTIRN implementation with a fishbowl I don't think it fits to make any upgrade for it.

3 (second #2 is probably related) - you mean PTID? Please, not again.

My opinion - let's get at least what is on trello first and out of EA - then we'll talk.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

4 hours ago, Spartan111sqn said:

LANTIRN zoom managed by Jester, today we do not know what we are targeting exactly.

+1

Would be great if we would have an option to select max zoom via the Jester menu

Edited by lax22
  • Like 2

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

A couple of other suggestions I have are modelled OBCs, some modelled circuit breakers, added interrogator panel and oxygen quantity panel, simulation of environmental effects on the crew and cockpit, more advanced radar modelling as seen in the Mirage (pD based radar modelling, modelling of the currently unimplemented features such as the parametric amplifier or more clutter types, atmospheric effects on the radar, established relationship between aspect and RCS of the target), perhaps actually simulated IFF systems as seen in the JF-17, fully simulated CAP functions, more advanced simulation of the laser interactions (not just the burnout but spot jitter, spot size, scattering, overspill/underspill etc.) Some of the simulated CBs could be selected to be the ones that are commonly used for certain EPs.

What I feel should be addressed during the post EA phase is not things that increase the scope of the module (like extra updates, features from later software tapes) but rather adding and simulating things that in reality would already be a factor with the versions that we currently have.

Edited by Fromthedeep
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

2B - RIO IZLAD marking laser.

I was actually looking for this, but couldn't remember the exact name.

11 hours ago, draconus said:

I can't belive you didn't mention glove vanes , lol 🙂

1 & 4 - since we have very early LANTIRN implementation with a fishbowl I don't think it fits to make any upgrade for it.

3 (second #2 is probably related) - you mean PTID? Please, not again.

My opinion - let's get at least what is on trello first and out of EA - then we'll talk.

Glove vanes ftw!

That's the biggest downside of the fishbowl LANTIRN, yeah

Forbidden F-14 MFD

16 hours ago, iantron said:

A proper clickable high poly cassette player.

This and NS430

2 hours ago, Gypsy 1-1 said:

Honestly, I'll be happy if they can deliver on these promised features in a timely manner https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap

And clean up some long-standing bugs and inaccuracies (like wrong nozzle gauge in the B, untexured LAU-7 pylons and TCS internals etc). 

We have alrady paseed the 3-year mark of EA and if the Viggen is anything to go by who knows when the Tomcat will be feature compelte and polished.

LAU-7 and LAU-138 are actually mixed up in the model numbers in game. LAU-138 is the big chaff holding one and the LAU-7 is the current one that magically dispenses chaff right now.

• Like 2

BreaKKer

4 hours ago, Fromthedeep said:

A couple of other suggestions I have are modelled OBCs, some modelled circuit breakers, added interrogator panel and oxygen quantity panel, simulation of environmental effects on the crew and cockpit, more advanced radar modelling as seen in the Mirage (pD based radar modelling, modelling of the currently unimplemented features such as the parametric amplifier or more clutter types, atmospheric effects on the radar, established relationship between aspect and RCS of the target), perhaps actually simulated IFF systems as seen in the JF-17, fully simulated CAP functions, more advanced simulation of the laser interactions (not just the burnout but spot jitter, spot size, scattering, overspill/underspill etc.) Some of the simulated CBs could be selected to be the ones that are commonly used for certain EPs.

What I feel should be addressed during the post EA phase is not things that increase the scope of the module (like extra updates, features from later software tapes) but rather adding and simulating things that in reality would already be a factor with the versions that we currently have.

Definitely the radar stuff here. Mirage team have done an awesome job showing the way. Yes it will upset people when they have to deal with more false contacts and RIOs actually have to work harder, but would be great to see the radar fully fleshed out.

• Like 2

-F-14A Custom Helmets and suits, basic ones all have VF-84 patches

-binoculars for RIO 

-you can see the NVGs

-never ever but a laser pointer for the RIO

-a "Serious" jester mode you can select, one that doesn't say funny random jokes in the middle of a high stakes dogfight that we could possibly be killed in

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tangofrown said:

-F-14A Custom Helmets and suits, basic ones all have VF-84 patches

-binoculars for RIO 

-you can see the NVGs

-never ever but a laser pointer for the RIO

-a "Serious" jester mode you can select, one that doesn't say funny random jokes in the middle of a high stakes dogfight that we could possibly be killed in

The IZLID mentioned above is a laser pointer, funny enough.

BreaKKer

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Fromthedeep:

+1