Track IR

Looking to get a Track IR system as it sounds like it pairs well with DCS. Couple questions for anyone that knows.

How old is the current TrackIR 5 system?
Anyone know if a TrackIR 6 is on the way?
Any better systems than TrackIR for DCS?

Thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

TIR 5 has been around for quite a while now (5+ years anyway), but my guess is there isn't a 6 around the corner.

TIR is expensive but it works out of the box, that's why I like it.  If you go to the "Input and Output" subforum on here there are discussions of the various alternatives and you'll get a better idea of the pros and cons of them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

Any better systems than TrackIR for DCS?

Economically any custom one is better.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I tried this and it is one of the best for tracking.  Under $35 and you don't have to wear anything on your head.

• Like 1

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

15 hours ago, rob10 said:

TIR 5 has been around for quite a while now (5+ years anyway), but my guess is there isn't a 6 around the corner.

TIR is expensive but it works out of the box, that's why I like it.  If you go to the "Input and Output" subforum on here there are discussions of the various alternatives and you'll get a better idea of the pros and cons of them.

yeah thats what I thought as well, it had been around for a while. Nothing worse than paying full price for a gadget which then releases a new version a month later

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I got this (UK source), and it works really well in DCS and Elite: Dangerous using the Opentrack software -
https://delanengineering.com/shop/#!/DELANCLiP™®-Gamer-Complete-Kit-Wired/p/43397050/category=68198003

They have different options too.
e.g. Wireless head clip:
https://delanengineering.com/shop/#!/DELANCLiP™®-Fusion-Complete-Kit-Wireless/p/241172148/category=68238008

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on my second tir 5. Flawless for me. First one just died of age. 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]