Any news on the A6 AI that was shown off in-game over a year ago?

XCNuse

Referring to the Reach for the Skies video:

It has been over 13 months now that this video was shown off.... for some apparent reason.

Any news on this AI module ever coming to public?

Seems weird it was shown off so long ago and still not appearing in-game.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Сиваш said:

do not know for what reason the developers ignore all the questions about this aircraft. Not very good of them.

Oh no, I prefer them that way. Real work instead of forum posting is what gets things done. If there are news we'll hear them.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 6

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2022 at 1:45 PM, Сиваш said:

do not know for what reason the developers ignore all the questions about this aircraft. Not very good of them.

They are also working on the F-4 and the Eurofighter. I think the progression for the modules are EuroFighter, F-4, A-6 (AI), then the A-6 Full Fidelity. They also are working on several things on the F-14. They are chewing a lot. I hope they can pull it off. They also might not have anything to report. I know that the F-4 is kind of SkunkWorks for them so they have been quiet about it.

Forgot to mention, Heatblur has been dealing with the affects of the War in Ukraine, so that may be why there's nothing to report. Bigger fish to fry at the moment

Edited by OfficerBull
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OfficerBull said:

They are also working on the F-4 and the Eurofighter. I think the progression for the modules are EuroFighter, F-4, A-6 (AI), then the A-6 Full Fidelity. They also are working on several things on the F-14. They are chewing a lot. I hope they can pull it off. They also might not have anything to report. I know that the F-4 is kind of SkunkWorks for them so they have been quiet about it.

Forgot to mention, Heatblur has been dealing with the affects of the War in Ukraine, so that may be why there's nothing to report. Bigger fish to fry at the moment

I think we all get timelines change due to unforeseen circumstances but HB had indicated that the F-14 would be out of access in March 2021 which included the AI A-6 and the two campaigns. We are now a over a year later. I can't speak for others, but I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for a simple update from HB on where it sits. Something like: "we plan to release it the next patch, we plan to release it Q2 2022 or we are working on it but don't think it will be released in 2022".  Not sure if it is deliberate but HB haven't answered any questions on the state of the AI A-6 for a number of months. The lack of information/updates becomes worrisome particularly when HB has also said they have recently hired/onboarded a larger team and we should be shortly start seeing the fruits of the larger team (paraphrase). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2022 at 5:07 PM, OfficerBull said:

Forgive me  if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that the Phantom would come before the Eurofighter. My reasoning being that Heatblur states in the F-4 FAQ that it will be coming in late 2022 (which I 've got to admit seems a bit optimistic) while there is no statement about the release date of the Eurofighter, rather a mention that the Tomcat and Viggen take precedent before it.

Also the Eurofighter is a collaboration with a different team and I would assume that creates it's own challenges and delays. Meanwhile the F-4 should be close in some aspects to the F-14 which should theoretically mean they could speed things up.

Now about the A-6 AI it's very difficult to say. AI aircraft development seems a lot more time consuming than I would have thought. Let's not forget the delay of the J-35 Draken or even the C-47, Ju-88 and S3 which still hasn't released. It seems that AI require substantial work to implement while not not bringing much revenue and therefore are not prioritized.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2022 at 5:27 AM, Lieuie said:

Forgive me  if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that the Phantom would come before the Eurofighter. My reasoning being that Heatblur states in the F-4 FAQ that it will be coming in late 2022 (which I 've got to admit seems a bit optimistic) while there is no statement about the release date of the Eurofighter, rather a mention that the Tomcat and Viggen take precedent before it.

Also the Eurofighter is a collaboration with a different team and I would assume that creates it's own challenges and delays. Meanwhile the F-4 should be close in some aspects to the F-14 which should theoretically mean they could speed things up.

Now about the A-6 AI it's very difficult to say. AI aircraft development seems a lot more time consuming than I would have thought. Let's not forget the delay of the J-35 Draken or even the C-47, Ju-88 and S3 which still hasn't released. It seems that AI require substantial work to implement while not not bringing much revenue and therefore are not prioritized.

It could be that order. I'm not 100% sure. Being that it is a collaboration, they might not be doing a whole lot of the production and are letting the other company produce it. I haven't paid too much attention to the EF. 

My apologies, everyone, I simply kept forgetting to reply to the thread. We are indeed still working on the A6 AI, while it takes a lower priority to other major tasks in front of us currently. This is why at this moment I cannot give you a more or less precise guesstimate on when it will come. Getting it right, in terms of modelling, will of course play towards the A-6 module in general, which is why we want to make sure that it is as good as can be. Hence the longer wait in combination with it being of slightly lower priority as an AI aircraft.

We will keep you posted and I hope we have an update for you soon. Our commitment to it did not change ofc.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Pre-purchase this module, no questions. Have you thought about venturing into terrain? Because you're halfway to building the most epic Vietnam product bundle.
HB talked years ago about terrains, but never confirm about a terrain team or start a develop, actually, has none planned.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

If the F-4 wasn't coming this year, I'd probably have to put myself into some sort of induced coma so that I could withstand the wait for even the AI A-6...let alone flyable. 

As it is...I can do it.

Still...it's going to be something to behold I think...even the AI. I can't wait to watch them launch from the Forrestal.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 1:07 AM, IronMike said:

My apologies, everyone, I simply kept forgetting to reply to the thread. We are indeed still working on the A6 AI, while it takes a lower priority to other major tasks in front of us currently. This is why at this moment I cannot give you a more or less precise guesstimate on when it will come. Getting it right, in terms of modelling, will of course play towards the A-6 module in general, which is why we want to make sure that it is as good as can be. Hence the longer wait in combination with it being of slightly lower priority as an AI aircraft.

We will keep you posted and I hope we have an update for you soon. Our commitment to it did not change ofc.

keep going HB! you guys are always making great things, the wait will be worthy for us!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 8:29 AM, a1133620002 said:

keep going HB! you guys are always making great things, the wait will be worthy for us!

Thank you all for your incredibly kind patience with us! It means a lot to us, and lets us focus on quality over quantity.

• Like 10

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 7/18/2022 at 2:53 PM, IronMike said:

Thank you all for your incredibly kind patience with us! It means a lot to us, and lets us focus on quality over quantity.

As long as it's half as good as the tomcat we will be in great shape! Very excited that we get an awesome aircraft in this game and I believe most of us are glad to know its in the hands of Heatblur. If y'all need a tester, let me know XD

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 12:25 AM, Wavehopper said:

The big question of course is are you working on a full fidelity Willem Defoe to go with it? A creepy BN who has a SAM fetish.

Like Frodo?

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, ShinyMikey said:

I 100% agree with this question...I've been waiting for this forever it seems

+1, I'm also waiting for A-6

• Like 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 1 month later...

I do hope the A-6E gets the refueling pod (even if only for the AI version and not the flyable one) as an alternative to the S-3.  ED seems to be spending a long time redoing the modeling for the S-3 and we haven't seen it with the refueling pod yet so maybe it's being turned into a normal store that can then be used by other aircraft like the A-6E.

a-right-front-view-of-an-a-6e-intruder-aircraft-refueling-an-ea-6b-prowler-333353-1600.jpg

A_Fighter_Squadron_2_F_14A_Tomcat_aircraft_takes_on_fuel_from_an_A_6E_Intruder_aircraft_equipped_with_a_buddy_refueling_tank_during_a_flight_off_of_the_aircraft_carrier_USS_RANGER.jpg

• Like 2

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula