1440p Resolution Problem!

Scarabrae

HI all, I have a major issue that has been driving me crazy for over a year! (yes that long) I have decent PC with an RTX 2070 Super and it's connected to my Samsung 4K TV. The problem starts every time I try to change the ingame resolution down from 3840 x 2160 to 2560 x 1440. This is a massive problem as in it's/my native resolution the game can be choppy and only played on medium or tweaked settings. In 1440p I can crank everything up and barely have an issue and the graphics still look great.

Here's what happens! Changing down the resolution forces a restart, and the game will launch in a small box up on the top left of the screen. Using alt-enter to force fullscreen works but then the client is too big and incorrectly scaled. No matter how much tweaking I do, with my windows resolution, or through Nvidia, nothing seems to work. I have also deleted the various graphic profiles in DCS and rebooted, and manually changed the games resolution, all to no avail. I have been into the windows settings and changed down the resolution there to 1440p in the hope it will force the game to work correctly, but even that does not work. Ingame forcing resolution, and trying to get 16.9  aspect ratio, just reverts back to the 1.77777777 or whatever that is supposed to be. Native resolution boots up fine, why o why am I having this issue dropping down to a lower 4k res, this does not happen with any other game i have installed only DCS.

Thanks for any help in advance.

5 hours ago, Scarabrae said:

Ingame forcing resolution, and trying to get 16.9  aspect ratio, just reverts back to the 1.77777777 or whatever that is supposed to be.

They are both the same, just different ways to describe the aspect ratio.
Just divide 16 by 9 and you will see...

Sorry I don´t have a solution to your problem, but it´s not the aspect ratio...

• 3 months later...

Latest drivers 

Custom a resolution 3200x1800 save as native . 

Scale on GPU not desktop  .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .