Input coordinates as Degrees, Minutes, Minute-Decimals in the TSD doesn't seem to work

ked
Go to solution Solved by Rongor,

The user manual mentions the possibility of entering coordinates as Degrees, Minutes, Minute-Decimals when adding a point in the TSD, I followed the procedure in the manual but the keyboard display is flashing when I press enter. Can anyone replicate this ? I'll try to post a track later today

Hmm that makes a lot of sense, I just tested and it works you're right

Maybe the manual should use North East coordinates, it's a bit confusing right now I didn't even realize there were 3 digits for longitude.

Thanks a lot !

Edited by ked

To be fair and while the manual is showing a western longitude on page 195 as an example, the manual is expecting the reader to know that the earth is a sphere and therefore has 360° and not only 199.9° of longitudes encircling it.😉

So it doesn't really matter if the manual presents an example of east or west longitude. If you don't want to cutoff the North American Pacific coast and the land mass west of Texas and all Asian lands east of Bangkok, so probably the majority of world's population with most of mainland China, Japan, Australia, Singapore and most of Indonesia, you need more than 99.9° of longitude east and west...

Hence you need 3 digits of longitude and only 2 for latitude (as the poles are at 90°)...

Edited by Rongor