On the other side - impossible to complete?

cquail

Hi,

I'm on the campaign mission "On the other side". Just before the ingress point you have to cross a high mountain range (approx 11000'). I can not pass over this mountain range no matter how many times I try. The heli will not climb high enough, and as soon as I get close to the peak the engine suddenly dies every time. I have an ekron rotor ice warning...so i turn on rotor anti-ice. Engine still dies. I have gone up and down the mountain range looking for a point I can cross, with no luck...

Any ideas why I can't get over this mountain range????

Have you tried to slingshot yourself over the top? Back up as far as you can, and go as high as you can before the stall, fly forward at the mountain then dip down some and pull up as needed and kinda shoot yourself over it =P That worked for me on one of the missions where I had to get over the top of a hill on a cold day =P

pre-plan and fly with constantly slowly climbing profile (+3m/s or so) in high rpm limit right from the start to the peaks. That way you'll keep your constant speed of 250 or so and when the peak comes, slow down to about 200 just before the peak and over you go.

And oh, it's about 3650m or so, remember to keep anti-ice on, though that cuts some power even more i recall, but you prevent complete loss.

Just my opinion about this, you could use what Jalava, Groove and EvilBivol-1 told plus when you get close to the mountain and if you don´t have yet enough altitude to pass just don´t drop 50-60 Km/h and fly perpendicular to the mountain taking advantage of some ground effect. Other way is reduce your weight by not taking load in 2 pylons and reduce some fuel after all you have to go high, in moutain flight you always have to sacrifice something.

Best regards.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

• 2 weeks later...

What do I need to achieve in order to get this mission complete? I've just flown this mission, killed around 30 ground targets with my flight, and returned in one piece. When I got back home I had around 3% fuel left.

Do I need to blow up everything in order to get it complete?

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

Using the ABRIS properly it can calculate the perfect initial climb point for you.

That would be the set waypoints correct. Say you had no waypoints and you wanted to create them can ABRIS :book:still calculate that.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just an observation that on the mission Altitude you are required to climb to and cruise at 4,000 meters, and the chopper does it just fine. After reaching that altitude and cruising for about 10 minutes, my engine kept dying until I figured out that when the EKRAN warned me to turn on Rotor Anti-Ice, I had to also enable the engine anti-ice. That seems pretty logical, but I was waiting to see the Ice Detected light on the Rear Auxiliary Panel, which never came on, so I wasn't turning on engine anti-ice.

Well, it seems as if the Ice Detected light might be inop so far in DCS.

Best regards,

anti-ice systems should be turned on in icing conditions. that way ice should build up very little or not at all, depending on conditions. this is theory that that i have - i have never flown a real aircraft into icing conditions.

cheers...

About what you need to complete the missions. Its the transports vehicles and the MLRS you have to destroy. I also destroyed the BTRs i think on the "left" since they shot at me.

However, i think me and my gang managed to destroy everything on site when i was finish. Once every AAA threat was gone it was a shooting gallery which i happily used to train my gun skill.

Oh, the mission complete i got was on egress out the same way i got in (approx around the peak). Did you fly the shortest way out or backtrack your flight plan? Dont know if makes any difference.

I flew this mission 5 times before i finished it! :)

I got same problem before I finish the campaign.

Do not forget antice rotor ON

antice engines ON

keep high horizontal speed before climb to use it for vertical speed (when you pull up)

and you can also use throttle to max in final part of climb, it could help.

I did it with this hints.