New Patch Having Connection Issues to the Servers

Catfish_46

Before the patch i was running DCS NOT as the beta version. I had zero issues. For the apache and Sierria Map addition i downloaded the Beta version. I can barely if at connect to the servers. Multiplayer is no longer an option for me. I Ran my pc wide open before now i am lagging and computer seems like its bogging down. The apache takes a long time to actually load. it feels more like i downloaded a virus more than a patch(Not Being Ugly) just saying thats what it feel like.

To insure it wasnt something I did, I had DCS downloaded to C Drive and downloaded Beta to D drive? I deleted the DCS 2.0 just takes up too much memory to have both versions downloaded. Do I need to transfer the eagledynamics folder over to D drive for better performance? Its just been bad for me all the way around and I am looking for a solution, not to sit here and point fingers.

Any Help

In advance I would like to say thank you. I am a noob and not a computer Wizzard by any means.

• 1 month later...

Hey All,

I have problems with multiplayer as well.  It began only after installing the Open Beta 2.7.12.23362 patch.  Before that I was running Open Beta 2.7.11.22211 with no issues.  There was not other changes made to my PC before the patch or after the patch installation.

At two points in the multiplayer load process my system really hangs up.  I have not timed how long, but it is noticeably WAY longer.  So much so that "Disclaimer: The Manufactures and...", I have almost committed to memory.  The hang lasts several minutes, but I eventually am able to get on the server.   If I do just about anything else with my PC while the hang is in effect, then the DCS screen fades out and I get a "DCS not responding" message.   If I  do nothing and wait then I can get on the server.

Mission Load Done  --> The status bar goes full then my system hangs

Net Sim Post Start  -->  The status bar goes 85% (or so) then my system hangs again

I installed this patch as I have been doing in the past:

1. Disable mods
  2. Delete the contents FXO and Metashaders2 folders
  3. Install the patch
  4. Do a DCS clean
  5. Do a DCS long repair
  6. Enable mods

Since then I have done a couple clean / long repairs with no change.  I have renamed my SavedGames folder with no change.  It does matter if any mods are enabled or not.

I looked into Windows Defender.  I notice several instance of DCS, SRS and ViaCom Pro all related to DCS.  The only time I see repeated instance of an application it is related to DCS or DCS itself.  I do not know enough about Defender to know if this is a problem or not.

Firewall 01.gif

Prior to the patch I had recently transferred DCS and SavedGames to a stand alone SSD, but everything appeared to be working as per it had before the transfer.

Any ideas?

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

I was still goofing around.  I took this screen shot.  DCS is still stuck on Mission Load Done as I type this and post this response.  DCS is on the E:/ drive.  It seems with the Task Manager open I can have my PC back.

Multiplayer Load 01.gif

Caldera

Edited by Caldera