Campaign Restart?

element1108

Campaign

For some reason the campaign of mine (first campaign) seems to have dropped me all the way back to the first FAM mission. Last thing I remember I loaded up my current mission, quit the mission because I forgot to enable Tracker IR. I log back in and try to fly the mission I was just in and it's back to the previous mission. I quit that mission and now I'm back to the FAM flight. I really don't want to follow that hind around again for the next 45 mins and would LOVE to keep moving forward.

NOTE: I have not died, I'm using my one and only pilot.

Not sure what would have caused this or maybe I'm missing something. I should get a "next" to scroll through what missions I've finished...but only option I have is Fly.

Long shot, but is there anyway I can use my russian BS pilot profile for the English version?

I didn't actually. I was starting up with the third mission (where you hop over that mountain to hit the bunkers and enemy positions behind them. I quit because Tracker IR wasn't turned on. Came back and it was the previous mission, I hit fly not really realizing what i saw, let it load and it was the ambush mission. I quit that one and bam, fam flight.

The number of missions flown etc in my log doesn't retract from those missions, but I can't seem to skip ahead to them.

Kind of a bummer. Is there anyway I can import my Russian DCS BS profile into the English version?

Kind of a bummer. Is there anyway I can import my Russian DCS BS profile into the English version?

copy this file from RU version to ENG version.

Blackshark/data/scripts/logbook/players.lua

Oh wait. I think only roster is copied by that. You still need to play that campaign from a beginning.

Callsign Lycanthrope79

I didn't actually. I was starting up with the third mission (where you hop over that mountain to hit the bunkers and enemy positions behind them. I quit because Tracker IR wasn't turned on. Came back and it was the previous mission, I hit fly not really realizing what i saw, let it load and it was the ambush mission. I quit that one and bam, fam flight.

The number of missions flown etc in my log doesn't retract from those missions, but I can't seem to skip ahead to them.

Hi Element,

yes this is a bug! (confirmed in another thread by EvilBol I think some weeks ago).

If you start a mission in the campaign, you MUST unpause it and let it run for "a couple of seconds at least" , otherwise the campaign will revert to the previous mission in the sequence.

I also have been caught out (once!) with this, however, once bitten - twice shy as they say, and I haven't let it happen again.

You can exit the game beofre loading the mission , but if the mission loads, yiou should let it run for a bit first rather than exiting on the pause screen...

I'm sure they'll patch it at some point, though it is easy to avoid once you know.

• 2 months later...

You can always load the missions through the mission editor and play on from there. Drawback of course is that then you don't have the campaign engine decide on missions for the stages dynamically. (Though I am not entirely certain that the Deployment campaign uses that, someone checked that?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester