You can now add waypoints automatically!

Comrade Doge

Hello! As some of you know, I've built a software capable of automatically entering waypoints into the aircraft by choosing them visually from the F10 map. This post is meant to announce the support for the AH-64. If this sounds cool, you can check out the forum post here: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/272110-transfer-steerpoints-from-the-f10-map-into-the-aircraft-dcs-the-way/

Happy flying!

Screen_220322_165547.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

That sounds fantastic! I'll have to give it a try at some point. While I actually enjoy entering a few control points and such into the TSD, I imagine this being such a help in large MP servers where waypoints often either seem completely arbitrary or try to cater to everything on the server at once.

• Like 1

This is amazing 

I have a suggestion and maybe you can make it happen.

let’s say you fly in a group of 4 planes. The leader will discuss and create the flight plan by moving the cursor on the f10 map and selecting the weapons. Once he has selected all the waypoint, and before uploading them into the dcs airplane or helicopter, would it be possible to generate a file, that could be transferred, let’s say via teamspeak or discord ?

that way the wingmen could download said file, and via a proper button on the tool, upload it in the tool, skipping the waypoint creating process (already done by the leader), yet downloading the same exact waypoints as their leader into the airplane ?

i dont think it should be very difficult because you are probably already generating said file while selecting the waypoints. It would be matter of creating a export button and file format, and then an import button ?

this would be even 10x more valuable on multiplayer servers!

can I help you in any way making this happen ?

Edited by FZG_Immel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

On 3/23/2022 at 1:07 PM, Comrade Doge said:

Unfortunately no, as I do not have any VR gear to develop on.

Hi Comrade, would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts to The Way's commands, so we can use this in VR just by mapping it to the HOTAS?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

Hi Comrade, would it be possible to add keyboard shortcuts to The Way's commands, so we can use this in VR just by mapping it to the HOTAS?

Thanks.

Hello, this feature would require some rewriting of the whole program, to allow for keybinds to be used... It is not an easy thing to implement from my current knowledge...

This is cool. But what about having a kneeboard page automatically populate coordinates of units displayed on F10 map? That would be a blessing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer