need to redownload - error installing

stingfish

i just bought this, not impressed so far. it appears my DL is corrupt like others here. i need to reDL it. so how do i do this without re-purchasing again? i login to the dcs site where i bought it but cant seem to locate the mirrors again. help! extract failed with error code 2 - desktop\DATA1.CAB

ok, now im pissed. i logged back into dcs's website, and cant locate the mirrors again. i have the email from protx confirming my order was successful. i have my order #.

where are the DL files located? when i nav to products, i see a button for 'pay by protx' - i dont want to hit it in fear of them billing me again!

where can i re DL this?

Edited by stingfish

Hi Sting fish...

The download and mirror links are exactly where they have allways been:

goto the main page:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

At the bottom left of the menu, put in your logon details and click "login"

Click on the "Files" menu item on the left hand side (above wehre you just put your login details)

Click on the "Products" menu item

Click on the "Download" button that has appeared on the right hand side.

As long as the user name you logged in with is the same as the username you logged in with when you paid, there should not be a problem.

Dont forget to download BOTH the setup.exe and data1.cab files, put them in the SAME DIRECTORY (Any directory is fine...create one if you like as it's a good idea to keep these 2 files even after installation, incase you want to reinstalla again at a later stage..I don't recommend you use your Desktop to store the files, but that's up to you), then run setup.exe.

The Activiation key (which you will need the first time you run the game AFTER installation) is located in the same place as I described above.

...deep...calm...breath's.. :)

Edited by nemises
  • Like 1

thanks fellas. i followed your instructions and when i went to files, products instead of the download icon, i see a pay protx icon. im not sure what the deal is, i bought the game, i see the charge in my account now. is this something i need to call support on?

Hi Stingfish, sounds like it should be working, as long as you are Positive you are logging in as the same user account that you purchased the game with....another thing to check would be your credit card or bank, to make sure the payment didn't get reversed (lack of funds) or something similar ?

Good luck mate, hope it gets sorted out ASAP.

Groove, can you help me please? still no luck. contacted support for help, and this is what she sent me. BTW, they charged me for the game. i have no DL mirrors, and a corrupt install. this is crazy. all i want is the DL links to re DL the game. i can't believe this. from support Thank you for your email. Protx are the payment service provider for the compnay you have ordered from, however we cannot proocess and refunds or cancel any orders on behalf of our vendors. We are unable to assist or give advice about orders made to the company and therefore please contact the company you have ordered from directly. You should find their details on their website. Kind Regards, Claire Scott

Edited by stingfish