TGP is not good...

Caldera

Hey all,

Since the last update the TGP has gotten allot harder for me to use.  I do not know if it is me or how it in general looks.

Please take a look at the pictures of some infantry taken on Abu Musa island.  Of course, the BHOT and the WHOT are reversed.  The cross hairs for WHOT are LOA and any adjustment to make them visible seem to make CCD and BHOT more unusable.

The MAV screen suffers the same fate with white cross hairs, but I can select black cross hairs.

Is this what you guys are seeing or is it just me?

TGP 10.gif

TGP 11.gif

TGP 12.gif

Thanks in advance,

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

So...

I figured out the above picture, some how the SYM adjustment got cross wired with my zoom HOTAS control.  Most likely just a glitch.

Pictures at Abu Musa at night just for a test.

TGP 14.gif

TGP 17.gif

TGP 15.gif

TGP 16.gif

I no longer own the night...

TGP 18.gif

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

I've found I had to massively mess around with the gains and levels to get vehicles and people to show up in IR, so mess around with them.  Sadly, there's not a specific number to set them to, because it seems to depend on the terrain, clouds, lighting and distance.   There are some instances where it's just basically impossible--ironically, vehicles out in the open on grassy terrain seems to be the worst for me.

Edited by jaylw314

There is something wrong with this new TGP, since I switched from the original DCS A-10C 1.1.0.9. There the TGP was useful to work both at night and during the day, this one shines too much at night, has a problem and loses target capture during attack with a cannon from a great dive steep, which perhaps bothers me the most, it never happened in the original version,Maybe there's a change ... maybe.

Maverick TV is also too bright and crossed lines are very difficult to see at night, you can switch it to dark using Left / Right + RAlt..👍

Edited by Dragan

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

Thanks Jay,

That sounds about right.  Guess it is just another waiting period.

Any chance you are flying the AH-64D? 

I have not figured out how to use the TADS just yet and I was wondering how it looked.

Caldera

Hah, yes I am but I'm still working on the taking-off-without-crashing part, haven't come close to TADS yet 🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

Please take a look at the pictures of some infantry taken on Abu Musa island.  Of course, the BHOT and the WHOT are reversed.  

TGP 11.gif

TGP 12.gif

not really sure these are reversed, but it would depends on time of day. The sand should be hotter than the people.

Dporter,

BigNewy - Patch Notes:

Posted March 17

DCS Open Beta 2.7.11.21408.1 

<snip>

Added a new FLIR rendering system for AH-64D, F-16C, F/A-18C, and A-10C/A-10C II.

<snip>

I get the feeling that the FLIR TGP MAV TADS has been and is an ongoing project from some time now.  The new clouds seem to mess with allot of stuff and I am guessing made things pretty difficult to correct.  I just wished that there was more Alpha testing before release to Beta.

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

8 hours ago, Caldera said:

Dporter,

BigNewy - Patch Notes:

Posted March 17

DCS Open Beta 2.7.11.21408.1 

<snip>

Added a new FLIR rendering system for AH-64D, F-16C, F/A-18C, and A-10C/A-10C II.

<snip>

I get the feeling that the FLIR TGP MAV TADS has been and is an ongoing project from some time now.  The new clouds seem to mess with allot of stuff and I am guessing made things pretty difficult to correct.  I just wished that there was more Alpha testing before release to Beta.

Caldera

Yes, I was hoping that patch would fix things but it didn't as far as I can tell.  WHOT/BHOT still wrong, still can't see objects very well when they should be very visible, still have to make a bunch of MFD adjustments that you shouldn't have to make in order to see things, etc.  I know it's an ongoing process, but the TGP is kind of a big deal.  It's not like "adjusted missile time of flight parameters" or "slightly tweaked the fuel usage of such and such a vehicle" or some other relatively minor issue.

• Like 1

Jstnj,

With everything going on in the world right now, especially the Russian hostility, I am surprised that we get updates at all.

FWIW I believe that the same ViewPort more or less is used across many aircraft as I read that the F-16C and F/A-18 have common issues with the A-10C.

Caldera

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

TGP is Good!

Caldera

I wouldn't call it good, just less bad.

Apache and all third party aircraft capable of FLIR seem to be up to Apache's systems.

All ED aircraft [sans Apache], however are in a very weird mixed state of not the old system, and also not the new system.

17 hours ago, XCNuse said:

Apache and all third party aircraft capable of FLIR seem to be up to Apache's systems.

All ED aircraft [sans Apache], however are in a very weird mixed state of not the old system, and also not the new system.

they really need to sell their Apache NOW)))😜

• Like 1

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

XC,

On 3/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, XCNuse said:

I am not going to disagree with you.  However, before this patch it was positively awful.  It is much more usable now.

Jay,

On 3/31/2022 at 2:33 PM, jaylw314 said:

Haven't tried vehicles over all ground textures yet, but last night it did look a little better.  Hopefully, people will chime in as they get experiences in multiple settings.

This is always room for improvement.  At least the cross hairs are visible.  And I am not dinking with it every mission just to be able to see them.

Caldera

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 11:56 AM, Caldera said:

Jstnj,

With everything going on in the world right now, especially the Russian hostility, I am surprised that we get updates at all.

FWIW I believe that the same ViewPort more or less is used across many aircraft as I read that the F-16C and F/A-18 have common issues with the A-10C.

Caldera

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that the A-10 has been off ED's radar long before the Russian hostility began, unless you count the annexation of Crimea in 2014 🙂

• Like 1