Reccomended joystick?

Limited Budget: Saitek X52, maybe the Pro version and maybe their Rudder pedals.

Not so tightly limited budget: CH Products stick, throttle and pedals.

Unlimited Budget: Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar with Realsimulator FSSB force sensor mod, Cubpilot´s Throttle Hall sensor mod, Simped F-16/C pedals.

...or better...

(Not a joystick, but highly recommended: Naturalpoint Track IR 4.)

Only my personal recommendation, I will discuss pros and cons of the individual pieces on request but not participate in fanbois battles.

Edited by Woodstock

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

Between these two there is CH gear (although it's at the high end of the spectrum).

My CH HOTAS has given me good service over the years and is only now needing a bit of cleaning/maintenance. The controls are quite light (low spring force) if that's the sort of feel that you like and they are very programmable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

X52 is what I use.... I've never had much luck with CH products. The cougar looks cool but I remember a few years ago it had some serious defects with it... People had to replace gimbles right out of the box. Not to sure if they've fixed that issue yet.

If you are thinking of using an X52 or Pro check the forums, many of us are getting errors and BS is shutting down because of the Saitek software drivers. I think I read of a workaround but am not sure . It is something to do with direct input.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

I can strongly recommend Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 for yoke, if you can find one.. or some other force feedback yoke because of how trim works in KA-50

Only problem I had was flipping the force axis. Now flying is so easy because the trim works as intended.

Btw, KA-50 is my first game where trim actually trims the center point correctly by modifying the forces to keep stick centered in new position.

I have a Cougar with FSSB (I got it for when I used to formation fly virtually) and it works great with Black Shark. Cougar + FSSB is really unbeatable when it comes to precision maneuvers in flight sims because the stick doesn't move, it just reacts to pressure. Downside is, it doesn't work so well with IL-2 and other dogfighting games because the need to yank the stick around is really tough when you have to apply around 8 pounds of force to the stick.

For now I'm using the throttle mini-stick as rudders and it's working well. When and if I get the money for Simped pedals, those may be next...

I use the X52 and Saitek peddles. It works great.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

X-52, Saitek pedals, and URZE's collective mod with a Saitek Pro Gamer unit.

http://www.leftside-limited.com/

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CH Fighterstick, CH Throttle and CH Pedals for me.

I've had Saitek...nice for the price, but CH is better...they just cost more. I think my pedals are finally dying after 3 years of abuse so I might have to get the screwdriver out to see what the prob is.

Cougar I've also had and I just couldn't get on with it. Too heavy, too clunky, too imprecise (this was a stock cougar).

Edit: I wish I had never eBay'd my MS FFB2 joystick...it was a brilliant stick, especially for IL2 etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

CH umodded beats Cougar unmodded. I have my Cougar modded with hall sensors but I have trouble to control this level of fidelity. Its like grabbing a long helicopter stick not at the top but at the base of it. I'am considering buying one of these for my cougar: http://www.leftside-limited.com/flightstick_extension-cougar.html

Edited by BeetleJuice

Anyone heard any rumors what the next CH product will be? The way I understand their press release about their new yoke, they are building a whole new product line.

I am secretly hoping for a central mounted stick, preferable with FF.

I'm have been running all CH gear for maybe a month now. Pro pedals, pro throttle and fighterstick.

Basically I have 3 points to say about them.

1: Such a long way from cheap.

2: Only their mother could love the look of them. Winna of the 2008 non sexy-pig dog ugly-Welcome to last century-Where the hell is the cool-award.

3: Best controllers I have ever owned. Awesome fidelity. Very very happy with them as I wanted quality out of the box un-modded stuff I didn't have to fool with and it seems that so far I have got exactly that.

Longevity is the only thing I can not attest to yet but from what I have read when I was doing my research into what to buy things looked pretty good. Time will tell :)

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

Hands down any Joystick that can be programmed to suite your needs together with Urze's Force Feedback MOD is the best for blackshark..! I have a Cougar and I must admitt that the Cougar without modding is not my favourit.. WITH some modding however.. IT GREAT..!

CH is quality through and through.. And Saitek is the preferred joystick for so many because it has good quality and centering (at least the X-52) and resolution. And also the programming possibilitys are good.. I've had them all and none of them suck. But for DSC Blackshark nothing beats Urzes MOD..

I use a homemade version of Urzes FFB MOD, but you get the general idea:

ka50forcefeedbackjoystiou2.jpg

As far as Pedals go I would say either build your own (all othe ones I have tested have the padals to close to eachother), or get CH or Saitek pedals..

But if your up for it.. Build'em yourself..! It's not that complicated:

larsmobcam000cq2.jpg

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]