IHADSS - Larger in VR

DMouse

After watching a few videos in pancake mode, I am noticing that the IHADSS display seems to appear small on a monitor rather than in VR. Also in VR I feel the size of the field of view that IHADSS covers is relatively large and that the CPG George Target list is too faint?

• ED Team

please let us know what headset you have and please include a screenshot of what you are seeing

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

To be honest the IHADSS looks ok in the image but with the headset on it seems a lot bigger, ie the full width of the top cockpit bar. I am using a Reverb G2 v2. It just feels a lot larger than the A10CII or the F18 for example. Also isn't the pitch ladder supposed to be fixed to the horizon? Mine move with my head movement? Although I may have missed something 😉

Screen_220322_212902.png

> Transition Horizon Line. Indicates the horizon relative to the LOS reticle in a 4:1 movement ratio in the pitch axis, up to a maximum of ±30° in pitch.

The pitch ladder is in Cruise mode, you're looking at Transition mode.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

• 1 month later...

Short of a SME chiming in and saying "No - they've got it wrong in DCS - it's too big for me compared to real life", I'd hazard the guess that it may be a factor that 2D appears smaller than it does in real life and the VR is correct as is - but 2D's FOV may be better than VR or similar or just give a false impression of what it is like in 3D/real life?

It would be good for the real pilots to chime in here that fly in VR and can comment - but I'd suspect that the VR size given (I have a HP G1 too) reflects very close to accurately what the pilot see's, and that when transitioning to 2D - it gives the impression the IHADDS is smaller.

The fact that the mirror image of what we see in VR on a 2D monitor does the same (makes it appear smaller) just goes to give my suspicions more weight in my mind, but I'd be interested for a SME to chime in.

Edited by Dangerzone

Sorry but the size of IHADSS in VR is very ok (G2). Take the bottom of bottle and close fit to your one eye. Its a big in the real life too, pilot on the left eye see nothing more, just full picture on IHADSS. No any issue for me here. Correct as is. ED here (with outline of helmet) did fantastic job for me.

image.jpeg

mVrscKZ.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro