f14 repair is useless bug for 2 years

Skarp

On 3/25/2022 at 1:45 AM, HeavyGun1450 said:

Yep. If you land at another airfield and shutdown/repair Jester inputs the INS coordinates from the place you spawned from. Its been brought up several times now and hasen't been acknowledged. 

Is this perhaps an issue HB can do nothing more about until rectified by DCS?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 1:47 PM, Skarp said:

f14 repair is useless bug for 2 years. damaged tire doesn't allow you to initiate a repair. if you do initiate a repair it will not align from current position.

Just trapped and blew my starboard main mount. Waited for repair and got acknowledgement but no action. 

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

On a similar note there are old issues with rearm when playing online from the carrier.

-Drop tanks will not refill, you must remove/un-arm them and then re-arm/re-equip them to get full fuel load. 

-If you re-arm the cannon, the hud counter for seconds of shots remains at zero. (Unless there’s some procedure I should be doing?)

-Phoenix rails not equipping in the tunnel leading to floating missiles when changing load out 

7 hours ago, roobarbjapan said:

-If you re-arm the cannon, the hud counter for seconds of shots remains at zero. (Unless there’s some procedure I should be doing?)

The gun counter is found above the PDCP. Everytime you do a cold start this is at 0, and the pilot has to set it at 670. It doesn't have a direct correlation to the actual gun rounds in the aircraft.

This is the same with chaff and flare counter. 

They're more like 'courtesy counters' in that they'll keep track of the pulses/trigger depressions, but they don't actually know how much of it is really left.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panny said:

The gun counter is found above the PDCP. Everytime you do a cold start this is at 0, and the pilot has to set it at 670. It doesn't have a direct correlation to the actual gun rounds in the aircraft.

This is the same with chaff and flare counter. 

They're more like 'courtesy counters' in that they'll keep track of the pulses/trigger depressions, but they don't actually know how much of it is really left.

Understood, thank you! Does this also reset the hud count too? (Away from computer for work so I can’t test for a few days)

12 minutes ago, roobarbjapan said:

Does this also reset the hud count too?

Yes, HUD reads what is set in the counter. These are not seconds, these are rounds left in hundreds

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria