Getting TIR working with DCS

Fish

Hi all,

Ive just installed DCS, and have a profile for DCS Listed in my TIR games list. I have linked a good profile with the DCS, and left the profile to automatic selection. Gauges check out fine.

However when i start DCS, and go into mission, there is no movement from TIR. I exit the mission, and check out the controls. Here I see a list of key combinations, under axis commands i see the tir axis's listed there (mapped).

It sounds like im missing something very simple. Just a note to say, that i dont have any joystick installed at the moment (long story), but wanna get familiar with the avionics in the meantime. Cant see this having any bearing on TIR though.

Anyone else got problems like this, and anyone solved them

Also noted that i can get the mouse look if it ESC then click CANCEL. and switch it off if i change to ext view. Strange.

Any advice welcome on the TIR problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Sounds simple, but did you update the TIR software to the latest version? Because it doesn't show up in controls, I'm pretty sure the game isn't recognizing it. Do you get a blue light on the TIR when the sim starts (not the main menu)?

Edit: I may have misunderstood, I think what you said is you DO see TIR under controls, but it's not assigned anything. In that case the game sees that you have it. This is normal. I would still try updating.

Edited by FuzzyWuzzyBear

Sounds simple, but did you update the TIR software to the latest version? Do you get a blue light on the TIR when the sim starts (not the main menu)?

Edit: I may have misunderstood, I think what you said is you DO see TIR under controls,

Thanks for the quick reply

Sorry, i have edited post above. Yes I see the TIR axes mapped to the game controls, uder axis commands. but no movement when i get into the pit. I can move with the keys fine.

Yes, software was not up to date, so i updated, but unfortunately no difference to the outcome.

No blue light on TIR, I get green light, with profile loaded. I should be able to force game to see the 'default' selected profile. Either way, with default profile, or game selected one, gives same result. No movement in the pit.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Hmmm, you updated the software, but did you update the game selection , this sound weird but i had updated software but not the updated game selection.

That fixed it for me with the same issue.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

get latest TrackIR software. make sure you run that "Check for Latest Game Updates" and make sure once it auto updates Black Shark should be in the list of games suported by TrackIR. If it's in the list you should be good to go.

Also start trackIR before you start a game. Sometimes it happens TrackIR still doesn't work... just unplug and replug it without exiting the game, that makes it working again for me most times.

No longer active in DCS...

get latest TrackIR software. make sure you run that "Check for Latest Game Updates" and make sure once it auto updates Black Shark should be in the list of games suported by TrackIR. If it's in the list you should be good to go.

Thanks that did it. Once i updated the software, I had to update the games list again, to get BS on there.

Cheers for al replies.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

Also start trackIR before you start a game. Sometimes it happens TrackIR still doesn't work... just unplug and replug it without exiting the game, that makes it working again for me most times.

Kuky that sig is outta hand--thought there was a bug inside my new 30# samsung, hehe

TrackIR

I would like more fore aft movement----tips?

ty sirs

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600