Deactivation problem

Prophet

Edit - Sorry, this should have gone in the Activation forum.

So here is the story.

I installed DCS worked great.

I decided to do a fresh install of Vista for various reasons. So I just installed on another partition. I then installed DCS again, with the intent of deactivating 1 installation. But I kept it around just in case there was problems.

Then I decided to install Linux on another partition. This completely screwed up my new Vista installation, in which I needed to format again. There goes an activation. Now when I tried to activate Vista, it wouldnt over the internet, and I really didnt want to bother with the phone activation at the time. So I installed DCS. 0 activations left. Thats OK because I can deactivate on my old Vista install.

Then I got tired of the Vista activation pop-up, so I went through the phone activation... This required me to activate DCS again!!!!! DANG IT!!!! But I have 0 left.

So I go to my old Vista install to deactivate. But it didnt work right.

I followed the PDF, but instead of getting a window with a deactivation code I get this;

deactivation.jpg

And on top of that, it actually did deactivate that install.

So now I have 2 installs that I cant activate....

I much preferred the registry key saving...

I also tried the manual deactivation on the StarForce webpage, and both give me an invalid machine code... :( :cry:

Edited by =Prophet=