For help! Why is my AH64 moving backwards uncontrollably

kavin23333
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

During the training mission, my Apache performed well.  But when I get into the mission, complete the start and raise the pitch, it will move back uncontrollably and only stop by braking.  Then I realized that I could only control it properly during the last three training tasks.  Did I miss something?  Or maybe the tutorial doesn't point out that there are things that need to be done after a cold start (like takeoff trim?).

thanks for your help  !

Disable game flight and game avionics can solve this problem

Edited by kavin23333

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

if possible please include a short track replay example, you can save a track when you exit the mission. 

Please also check in your main dcs settings you have game flight and game avionics disabled

and ensure your input device is calibrated correctly in windows

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

19 minutes ago, kavin23333 said:

During the training mission, my Apache performed well.  But when I get into the mission, complete the start and raise the pitch, it will move back uncontrollably and only stop by braking.  Then I realized that I could only control it properly during the last three training tasks.  Did I miss something?  Or maybe the tutorial doesn't point out that there are things that need to be done after a cold start (like takeoff trim?).

thanks for your help  !

Go to general settings and unmark GAME FLIGHT MODE and GAME AVIONICS. It may help.

Edited by Sydy
  • Like 1

Could be a trim problem.

Not releasing stick to center after hitting trim UP - the position is frozen.

With a steady new stick/ rudder input position wait a second then hit trim UP.

Immediately release stick to center, to free stick/rudder movement 

i had this exact same thing happen soon as i landed. tried to taxi away from my landing spot and even though i had the cyclic

all the way forward, my copter would only go backwards, i was like what the hell.

Then i noticed that the parking brake was set. I never took it off from when i took off the initial time. so when i landed it was engaged automaticly.

soon as i disengaged the parking break i was able to move forward with no issues.

• 1 month later...

have same  Problem

allways move  backward  , and  heli starts  to   shake  and  goes out of controll

and  i dont have  ---->  " game flight" and "game avionics"  in my  Menu ,   have german version  , maybe its  "Arcade modus"  ??

but there is nothing with  avionic in difficult menu

On 5/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, thhuni said:

have same  Problem

allways move  backward  , and  heli starts  to   shake  and  goes out of controll

and  i dont have  ---->  " game flight" and "game avionics"  in my  Menu ,   have german version  , maybe its  "Arcade modus"  ??

but there is nothing with  avionic in difficult menu

Go to general settings and unmark GAME FLIGHT MODE and GAME AVIONICS. It may help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 4:31 PM, Sydy said:

dont have this  in options  ,  have german version  ,   maybe its "arcade" ??  i have unmark  ,  game avionics  i dont have  in settings