TEDAC PNVS mode not working correctly

AvroLanc

The TEDAC PNVS mode button is commanding P-HMD symbology correctly, but the underlying video is not the correct video source. It should show the pilots PNVS video (when Pilot in NVS NORM or FIXED), but instead it continues to display TADS video. This TADS video can even be slewed around, which is wrong.

The Video display on a MPD when Pilot Sight selected works correctly and demonstrates how the TEDAC PNVS mode should work.

See end half of short track below.

Please also see this discussion:

TADS and PNVS.trk

When I go to cpt tedak is on c-hud. The tads button on the tedak will not change the video to tads rhg ss tads does not work either

I have to turn on nvs and then turn it off. And then I can use rhg ss tads to turn on tads video on the tedak

Regardless. With nvs off shouldn't the tads button on the tedak turn on tads video on the tedak.

I guess the question is when you go to cpt position and tedak video is on c-Hud. What is the correct way to change video to tads

Edited by Denwagg

I’m having a hard time understanding what you want. 

if you sight select tads yes tads video should mirror onto the ihadss and tdu with sight symbology. If your sight select hmd only symbology unless you have the nvs mode switch in norm/fixed. The only way to have pnvs in the front seat is with sight select hmd and nvs mode switch fixed or norm, and nvs select switch which is on the collective. You cannot use it at the same time as the tads. 

NVS switch to OFF

The "C-HMD" in the TADS Display means current sight is CPG HUD ie your headtracker, to change the sight press "RHG Sight Select Switch - TADS".

I dont think the Front Buttons do anything other then change the symbology from Sight Symbols to HMD Symbols but do NOT select the Sensor or sight.

Did you by chance press "I" to hide the HMD Symbology? OR turn it off via BRT and SYM then the TADS overlay wont show up.

Technically you can use NVS switch norm and the PNVIS, if you press "NVS select PNVS" button and then TADS can be used as sight again but then you have two different imgages beeing displayed one in your Ihads whichs tracks your HEAD and one on the middle screen whcih is the SIGHT susing TADS.But this is not recommended especially in multi playser since you are robbing the PNVS from the pilot.

Also be aware that when cahnging keybind currently it always defaults to Pilot you have to reselect CPG controls everytime you adjust controls.

Edited by jayst0r

Be aware that’s there’s a bug with the TEDAC PNVS button. It does not  correctly show PNVS or NVS video underneath the symbology. With PNVS selected it continues to show TADS video underneath the flight symbology, regardless of the NVS OFF/NORM/FIXED mode. This is wrong. 

I did a report, but no tag yet. 

Edited by AvroLanc

• ED Team

I have merged the post, a fix for what happens when the PNVS is selected is coming in a future patch. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2