EA Manual not correct. Undocumented function on collective

Requiem_Alpha

On page 66 of the early access manual it say:
Boresight/Polarity. 
•  PLRT. Toggles FLIR image polarity (black-hot or white-hot). 
•  B/S. No function. 

But the B/S key actually resets the boresighting if the action Boresight/Polarity Switch - B/S is bound in the control options and pressed when in the cockpit. It acts like pressing Cursor Enter - Depress when in the acutal boresighting mode, but without the prequsite of being on the weapon page

Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Requiem_Alpha said:

But the B/S key actually resets the boresighting if the action Boresight/Polarity Switch - B/S

Because it shouldn't be. The manual is accurate, the function being present in game is not.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

10 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Because it shouldn't be. The manual is accurate, the function being present in game is not.

That would be fine by me. One switch position more on my collective to bind to something else.
If this switch acted in reality like ingame I can easily see why Boeing got rid of that function in our Apache model. It's way to easy to mess up your boresighting in flight if you accidentally press that switch.

Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

47 minutes ago, Requiem_Alpha said:

That would be fine by me. One switch position more on my collective to bind to something else.
If this switch acted in reality like ingame I can easily see why Boeing got rid of that function in our Apache model. It's way to easy to mess up your boresighting in flight if you accidentally press that switch.

When the switch worked, it was only active when you entered the boresight mode on the MPD. It wouldn’t change your boresight if you accidentally hit it.

• ED Team

The issue with the manual will be changed. 

The team have decided to leave the BS function in as users have got used to it. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That's not how things should work though. The functionality in game currently is incorrect and the manual is correct not the other way around, if everything people get used to in early access gets left in because they are used to it then a lot of errors will never get fixed at all.  

If its gonna be left in then if should be made a special option like other work arounds/ cheats

• Like 5

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)