Question about Multiplayer Direct-To via TSD

exil

Maybe a dumb question, but today I tried the first MP session with a friend. I manipulated the route and set a direct-to to a waypoint. While I was able to see the altered information as a CPG on the HMD (distance and ttg) as well as on the TSD, my pilot didn't see any of my route adjustments. Neither on his TSD nor on his HMD.

Is this an MP bug, am I just dumb and missing something, or do really both crewmembers have to do the direct-to on their own? 

Any help appreciated! Thank you! 

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

3 minutes ago, Zyll said:

Did your pilot switch to transition mode for his IHADSS symbology? That should cause the wp info to appear.

Yes, he did. But I would also expect that he would see the changes in the TSD? 

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

No worries. Even that is helpful. Just want to make sure it not a fault on my side before reporting it as a bug. 

For what it's worth, I experienced this exact same thing with my CPG yesterday. He set a new direct to and while everything updated on his end, nothing updated on my end. It seems to be hit or miss as it has worked previously, just not for us in that session apparently.

To clarify, we were both in Nav phase and I was in transition mode.

Edited by moridar
clarified systems state

13 minutes ago, moridar said:

For what it's worth, I experienced this exact same thing with my CPG yesterday. He set a new direct to and while everything updated on his end, nothing updated on my end. It seems to be hit or miss as it has worked previously, just not for us in that session apparently.

To clarify, we were both in Nav phase and I was in transition mode.

Good to know! Thanks a lot. So it really seems like a desync bug in MP. We were also both in NAV and tried both to toggle through all modes just to be sure. 

I'll try that again tommorow and see what happens. 

As always, trk files help with any bug reports. Mine was from a 2 hour session in a pretty large mission and I don't even remember where it happened so I'm not sure how helpful it would be to ED (plus we ran into quite a few bugs in that mission - turns out if your cpg disconnects and rejoins your ammo resets lol, may have had something to do with me activating George in the interim), but if you have an isolated demonstration I'm sure it would be really helpful.

Just as a heads up. We tried it again today and route manipulation was seen by the pilot. The only thing that was buggy was the WP information in the IHADSS of the pilot. While I set an direct to to WP 4 he saw it on his TSD. But on his IHADSS was WP1. 

I believe it's desync between the crew stations, I've had it everything update appropriately, I have had partial where the fly to cue was there but nothing on the map and I've had the map update with no fly to cue. And then your example, I have had where nothing happened for the other seat. Just work with the other person to verify everythings working and take things slow.  I hope this helps some. 

Rumor I've heard is their focus currently is fixing the desync currently, my recommendation is just be patient with it, it's a WIP and it's early release so they're working the things out still. 

Edited by kgillers3

Thanks for the reply. I think so too. There are more desync issues like laser and stuff. Today, I armed the laser and fired it. My pilot was not able to see it. I switched it off and on again and then it worked for us both. 

As you've said, we just have to be patient. Nevertheless ans despite all the current issues, this is one of the best, if not the best EA release I've ever seen from ED.