No mouse pointer in VC

Timm

Hi Guys,

Need some help here again please. I am slowly getting around this beast but I have notice when on ground and need to do a startup I have not got a mouse pointer to click the switches. Has the VC got a visible mouse pointer or not. I downloaded a start-up video and this guys has a yellow X which turns green when over a usable switch. I get one at the very start of the sim but then goes when planning flights. Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Hey thanks for that. I have now got the mouse pointer. Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

just something to add to this..

i start with mouse look enabled and no pointer, i press lalt+c and get the pointer up no problem, but now the mouse look is gone and i can only move the pointer until i press lalt+c again then pointer goes and i can mouse look again. is this a feature or bug to not allow mouse look while pointer is enabled?

or is there a button config that lets me do both at the same time?

cheers

just something to add to this..

i start with mouse look enabled and no pointer, i press lalt+c and get the pointer up no problem, but now the mouse look is gone and i can only move the pointer until i press lalt+c again then pointer goes and i can mouse look again. is this a feature or bug to not allow mouse look while pointer is enabled?

or is there a button config that lets me do both at the same time?

cheers

i have this same problem....makes life much harder by adding a extra keypress everytime you want to click a botton and then move your view:mad:

its a show stopper...i have to reboot to get the mouse pointer + mouse look at the same time back

Intead of rebooting, try hitting esc, then click the cancel button right afterward. You should get the pointer+camera back.

A tip I picked up in another thread. Happy flying.

PS: There probably should be a proper way to do this, I might be missing it. Also, anyone notice the cockpit/engine noise changes based on whether the mouse is linked to the camera or not? Wacky.:huh:

ASUS G74, Core i7-2670QM, 12GB DDR3, Geforce GTX 560M 3GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

VV

Intead of rebooting, try hitting esc, then click the cancel button right afterward. You should get the pointer+camera back.

The only time i have mouselook and zoom is in training missions. Otherwise the first thing I do when I load a mission is hit Esc then cancel otherwise i can only use the Hat switch to change the view.

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

Yeah this happens to me too. Normally mouse slew pans the view and mouse wheel changes FOV. However sometimes for reasons I don't understand it just stops panning and FOVing. It clicks instruments just fine. I figure I'm accidentally hitting some key combo. Anyone know what's going on?

• 3 weeks later...
Intead of rebooting, try hitting esc, then click the cancel button right afterward. You should get the pointer+camera back...

Glad to see that someone else was able to share this before I could to help people out.

After watching the 2nd training video, I jumped in and "Took Control." That is when I had the mouse view + mouse click active at the same time. It was awesome. As soon as I left the F1 view, it was gone (only had mouse click).

After a bunch of trial and error, I found that the above formula works perfectly. Each time you go to F1 view, hit ESCAPE, then cancel, you have both working together, view + clicking.

If anyone of the makers working on the game read this, please make this the default (or at least an optional) view. Hitting ESC everytime I jump back in to the F1 view is getting to be a real pain-in-the-neck. It would be so nice to have it so you can use MOUSE VIEW + MOUSE CLICK at the same time (without having to redo it each time). I know the upcoming patch is to FIX things, but if you ask me, this is a fix for something not working properly.

Game is SO MUCH SMOOTHER when you can mouse view + mouse click the cockpit at the same time (for my Keyboard/Logitech Exteme 3D-PRO setup, anyway [ohh, how I want one of those $150 HOTAS controller pairs; no, be strong, can't affort right now; be strong!]).

Thanks for this awesome game!!!

:idea: Hmm, I wonder if there is a *.lua file that contains the default for this...someone put in a thread how to turn the pilot on as default (which I would prefer; it was getting annoying having to materialize him each time, too). I wonder if there is anything about "mouse view" "mouse click" and you can combine them both.

I'm going in to give it a try...

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

This is damn annoying! Does anyone know if there is a setting in one of the .lua files?

I agree and I did not find anything that seemed like it was adjustable to have this work. Hitting ESCAPE "every time" I go back into the cockpit is not fun.

Anyone from the programming team; can this be done by editing the *.lua files somewhere?

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!