Universal Training Mission

Universal Training mission
Summary:
Use this mission to practice any module to do almost any task you wish. This mission works best if you have another resource with you to practice with like Chuck's guide, manual or Youtuber of choice. 

Features:
There are ground targets which include soft targets to modern MBTs both stationary and mobile with each their own respective JTACs for using laser guided ordinance without any self-lasing ability. An emitting search radar that can be used to practice employment of any kind of ARM. Naval targets include both stationary and mobile ship targets. Air targets include, a very low and slow flying helicopter drone target. As well as low, medium fixed small fixed wing targets with a large fixed wing target at high altitude. All targets infinitely respawning thanks to scripts. Tankers of every kind (both basket and boom style) as well as a dedicated KC-135 for A-10s (flying lower and slower than the other 2). The mission also includes carriers of all kinds, including Supercarrier and free carriers as well as the Tarawa. Players can start cold-start in either Batumi, on each carrier or on the FARP (for helis, AV-8 and Viggen only). Now features a ski jump ramp on Batumi, located to the north of the runway North of a taxiway.

Future features will include sling loading and CTLD for helis. The ability to set up "practice ranges" where you can spawn any target of your choice that can actually shoot back in order to practice employing weapons in a more combat oriented environment.

Download links:

Any suggestions or bugs especially module specific ones (I don't own everything afterall) please let me know so I can get to fixing them as soon as I can
Current Version: V1.05
Changelog:
V1.01:

• Corrected briefing description to show correct JTAC frequency and to fix numbering mistake.

V1.02:

Added:

• Link 4 and ACLS to both CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt (336.0) and CVN-74 John C. Stennis (335.0).
  • Immortality to all tankers and AWACS
  • Map drawing to indicate the border between carrier ops and training area.
  • Night versions of both cold-start only and hot-start missions as separate files.

Fixes:

• Carrier fleet should slow down now if you leave the zone and speed up when getting close to the carrier group

V1.03:

Fixes:

• Carrier fleet definitely slows down if you enter the practice area and speeds up with you enter the carrier area.

V1.04:

Fixes:

• Corrected Texaco 2-1 (KC-135 at 17,000ft) and Texaco 3-1 (dedicated A-10C tanker at 15,000ft) frequency. Should be 252.000 AM

V1.05:

Added:

• Forrestal Link 4 and ACLS = 334
  • Target drones now self-destruct if they leave the area after being damaged.
  • HMS Invincible
  • HMS Invincible Harrier Spawns
  • Skijump ramp on Batumi (located north of the runway on the taxiway)
  • F1CE

Fixes:

• Carrier group now slows down when flying non-carrier capable aircraft (to prevent the carrier group from running away too much).

V1.06:

Added:

• Ka-50III slots
  • 2nd Ski ramp (shallower for any fixed wing other than AV-8)

Fixes:

• Fixed Texaco 2-1 and Texaco 3-1 frequencies to 252.000AM

Reworked:

• Carrier group
  • Removed CVN-71 since it is redundant (CVN-74 now also has Supercarrier features to those that own the module)
  • Adjusted the group's BRC, will now be 306
  • Repositioned the group and spaced the ships apart more to avoid/minimize confusion (landing on the wrong carrier).

Edited by Killshot0597
V1.06
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @Killshot0597,

thanks for the great training mission!

I have a questions regarding version 1.05. Can it be that the frequency fixes (252 Mhz) for tankers Texaco 2-1 and Texaco 3-1 have been lost again? In version 1.05 they seem to be back to 251 Mhz:

image.png

An idea: You could add  a moving convoy on a road to the training area. This would be great for practicing strafe or high-drag bomb attacks!

Regards

Christian

@cloosethank you for pointing this out! I've made the changes already for V1.06 to come, as for the idea of a moving convoy. I think you are right, I thought having the different kinds of vehicles moving around the range would be enough. I think it would be better to have an actual convoy moving along a fixed route circling around near that "X" airfield. I am a bit busy atm so it might be a while until I can release V1.06. I apologize for this bug in the meantime. 

• Like 1

I've been incredibly busy lately is it took me this long to make such little changes but hopefully this year will be different. So I apologize for the huge delay for this new version.
V1.06:

Added:

• Ka-50III slots
  • 2nd Ski ramp (shallower for any fixed wing other than AV-8)

Fixes:

• Fixed Texaco 2-1 and Texaco 3-1 frequencies to 252.000AM

Reworked:

• Carrier group
  • Removed CVN-71 since it is redundant (CVN-74 now also has Supercarrier features to those that own the module)
  • Adjusted the group's BRC, will now be 306
  • Repositioned the group and spaced the ships apart more to avoid/minimize confusion (landing on the wrong carrier).
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...