Monstertech MFC-1 Blackbird Chair with mounts

*Rage*

Hi, 

As good as brand new condition MFC-1 Blackbird chair with side Joystick/Hotas mount, centre Joystick/Hotas mount, Mouse extension and 2x swivel adaptors. 

Bought for £910 (including shipping and tax). 

UK only. £700.  Reduced to £600 £550

MT.PNG

Edited by *Rage*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I've got a couple of questions about the chair/accessories if I may:

1. When was the chair purchased and delivered? I know the MFC-1 was Monstertech's first offering, so some of the older chairs use older parts that were upgraded in later models (their lineup now uses the same parts across the whole MFC range aside from upholstery).

2. Can you clarify which mounts this chair comes with? You state that the chair comes with "side Joystick/Hotas mount, centre Joystick/Hotas mount", but in the parts table it seems that there are two side mounts and no centre mount?

3. Do you have any pictures of the chair (might be easier to clarify my question 2 above if you've got a picture of it setup)?

I would be using it with a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. I think the Warthog flight stick will work with the FSSB mount from what I've read, but I'd probably have to modify the throttle mount to make it work with the Warthog throttle unfortunately (getting a proper mounting plate shipped from Monstertech would cost 69 euros + Tax, so I'd try to avoid that route probably!)

If you could answer any/all of these questions it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

On 8/19/2022 at 12:35 AM, Chazzza said:

Hi there, I've got a couple of questions about the chair/accessories if I may:

1. When was the chair purchased and delivered? I know the MFC-1 was Monstertech's first offering, so some of the older chairs use older parts that were upgraded in later models (their lineup now uses the same parts across the whole MFC range aside from upholstery).

2. Can you clarify which mounts this chair comes with? You state that the chair comes with "side Joystick/Hotas mount, centre Joystick/Hotas mount", but in the parts table it seems that there are two side mounts and no centre mount?

3. Do you have any pictures of the chair (might be easier to clarify my question 2 above if you've got a picture of it setup)?

I would be using it with a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. I think the Warthog flight stick will work with the FSSB mount from what I've read, but I'd probably have to modify the throttle mount to make it work with the Warthog throttle unfortunately (getting a proper mounting plate shipped from Monstertech would cost 69 euros + Tax, so I'd try to avoid that route probably!)

If you could answer any/all of these questions it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

1) Purchased and delivered June 2021.

2) It has a centre stick with FSSB mounting plate (fits WH stick) as well as a throttle side stick for VPC throttle and a separate side mount for a mouse. You could probably drill the holes fir a WH throttle or just use double sided velcro tape. 

3. I'm away till the 3rd September. Can send pictures then. 

Sorry for late reply! Away for a couple of weeks. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 7:35 PM, Chazzza said:

Thanks for the reply and answering my questions.

Would love to see some pictures of the chair when you get back.

I'm not too far from Surrey (I'm in Wiltshire), about an hour and a half drive.

Hi, 

Pics uploaded. 

20220906_222541.jpg

20220906_222934.jpg

20220906_223019.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 9/6/2022 at 10:34 PM, *Rage* said:

Hi, 

Pics uploaded.

Thanks for uploading some pictures.

Truth be told I bought a second-hand Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog shortly after my post (so I could get started using my HOTAS), which has turned out to be much sturdier and effective than I was expecting and it fits all my kit (including pedals) natively. I am still interested in your chair though as it would definitely be a nice upgrade. I'll give it some more thought and get back to you when I know what I want to do.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Is the Blackbird still for sale and is there any way to ship it to the US? I know it aint cheap. I assume you may have ditched the shipping box it came in.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• 2 weeks later...