How do i select my Outward Weapons when Y doesn't work?

toby23

Sim Mode

When I try to select the outward weapons with Y, nothing happens.

I can select Cannons, I can select Rockets but I cannot select the outward weapons ie Vikhrs.

I have written down the steps according to the Combat Training and followed them letter for letter but I still can't select the outward weapons....

It's not much fun when you have to engage the enemy with a handful of close range rockets and a cannon...

What am I doing wrong?

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Sim Mode

When I try to select the outward weapons with Y, nothing happens.

I can select Cannons, I can select Rockets but I cannot select the outward weapons ie Vikhrs.

I have written down the steps according to the Combat Training and followed them letter for letter but I still can't select the outward weapons....

It's not much fun when you have to engage the enemy with a handful of close range rockets and a cannon...

What am I doing wrong?

You even sure you got those missiles loaded on your wing. :megalol: Sorry had to ask.

1. Master arm on

2. Laser standby on

3. Ground moving target on

4. arm the fuse of the missiles

5. select missile(push Y)

6. Turn shkval on (O)

7. Find and lock target

8. FIRE!!!!

Thats how i do it. In fact i have configured most of those buttons to my stick so i can be ready for a fight in less than 5 secs now. Normally when i'm just patrolling or flying to next waypoint my weapons are all unarmed.

Edited by RapidFir3

Callsign Lycanthrope79

MBot, thanks...

As I experienced in LOMAC, there is an international keyboard problem when running DCS BS EU on a german version of Windows with a german keyboard.

DCS BS sees the keyboard as english. I use Saitek Profiler to set up my keybinds and this recognises the german keys not the US keys, making things even more complicated. What you see is not what you get. Z and Y are swapped on a german keyboard and aren't recognised by the game when i attach them to my X52 via the profiler, so I've had to reassign them.

Anyway, I manged to get it working, thanks for your help.

Toby

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060