Shipping costs - beware

AstroEma

Anyone else seeing ridiculous shipping costs?  I live in New Zealand and would like to order the Super Libra base, extension and Warthog adapter and I get a shipping cost of $115 which is a third of the amount of the items above. 

How in the world is that possible? 

Anyone has any idea where I can order to get lower shipping costs?

Edited by AstroEma

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Further to what I wrote above. Winwing seems to be charge for shipping for each item that gets ordered. 

Example:

1 Super Libra base - $51 of shipping

1 Warthog Grip adapter (just 1 small cable) - $26 of shipping

1 Grip extension - $38. 

If you add the 3 items to your cart, those shipping costs get added together. Plain and simple. 

I say this is either not an honest way of doing business or their understanding of how combined costs work needs to be refined. 

Edited by AstroEma

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

• AstroEma changed the title to Shipping costs - beware

Shipping costs get simply added together because all items are actually shipped in their separate boxes. And yes, it's absurdly high for cheaper, smaller items. People have seen quotes above $50 for a small replacement switch in a bubble envelope. 

Winwing states that this is the best, cheapest reliable shipping with tracking they can get, but I think a lot of cost could be lowered if they would combine smaller items. But that adds complications with packaging, so I don't think anything will change. 

• Like 1

Prior to covid, shipping for my Taurus/Libra combo was $169us and I'm in Aus. Shipping for both panels was over $100us which was around Sep last year. It is what it is, and if you want the gear then you have to pay the shipping. I don't think Virpil is any better btw!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I bought the full F-18 HOTAS setup from them, was about $300 in shipping and came in 4 boxes (throttle, stick base, stick, mounts). The throttle base was half of that $300. Given they sent it via fedex air and the sheer volume + weight, that probably was the actual shipping cost for them. International shipping is very expensive unless you're using cargo ships, which take months. I regularly ship between the USA and Canada for work and it literally costs $40.74 to ship a single aluminum water bottle via fedex ground (real number, mailed it last week).

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

On 3/25/2022 at 4:33 PM, BeastyBaiter said:

I bought the full F-18 HOTAS setup from them, was about $300 in shipping and came in 4 boxes (throttle, stick base, stick, mounts). The throttle base was half of that $300. Given they sent it via fedex air and the sheer volume + weight, that probably was the actual shipping cost for them. International shipping is very expensive unless you're using cargo ships, which take months. I regularly ship between the USA and Canada for work and it literally costs $40.74 to ship a single aluminum water bottle via fedex ground (real number, mailed it last week).

Yeah and that's ground. WinWing ships Fedex Express so not cheap, unless they get a volume discount but I can't imagine they would ship that much out daily.

Is the Joystick Handle and Bases shipped separately making it a 2 package shipment? I ordered the F16x, the F18 throttle, and the Collective. Would that be 5 boxes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

• 3 weeks later...

Well I ordered the FA-18 JOYSTICK COMBO (SUPER LIBRA) and Fedex lists 2 packages for it. As MustangSally said...it is what it is.

I ordered 2020 from Virpil and that's quite a short distance from them to CH. Afaik it was around 36€ for stick and throttle via DHL Economy, the pedals with two dust covers were the same. Probably they can bundle a little and save some that way.

What you shouldn't forget here is customs clearance, it's work and may well cost something.

• 5 months later...
vor 1 Stunde schrieb sergeantmars:

I recently ordered the Orion 2 set including 4 boxes. I paid Winwing about 80$ for shipping, but now I got a bill from Fedex wwho also want me to pay 100€ (I live in Germany). Is that right, or should Winwing pay directly to Fedex?

No…Winwing is not responsible for import taxes to Germany. YOU are the one importing goods to Germany and hence have to pay 19% taxes (+some handling fee from FEDEX probably).

also I kinda‘ hate how this thread puts it, as if winwing is secretly making profit off of the shipping costs.

As others mentioned, this certainly is not the most efficient way to ship to Europe or the US. Would be nice if they could eventually partner up with someone who acts as an official importer to Europe, the US and elsewhere…

Edited by Phantom711
  • Like 1

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

As Phantom said, this is very likely customs/taxes/brokerage fees that are extra on top of the shipping.  WinWing has no way of know what/how much will be charged on any given package (and that's why they don't tell you about it).  It will vary wildly by country.  And while in theory it should be laid out in government regulations, the same items may be treated differently depending on the customs person that processes it (differing interpretations of the regs).  So one package might get through with nothing charged, the next may get dinged $100 and the one after that gets charges $75.  The money Fedex is charging you will likely mostly be going to your government, with what should be a small handling fee for collecting it from you and paying it to the government kept by Fedex.  NONE of it goes to WinWing, and they'll have already paid Fedex the 80$ to physically get it to you.

I was going to order the Hornet Orion 2 HOTAS. It was $535 and $615 with shipping to the US (Colorado).

I ordered a Warthog from New York (BH Photo) and got free shipping. I also got it in 2 days. Free 2 day shipping??

What I don't understand is the Warthog comes in one box. Why can't the Orion? They're both the same size.

Since i'm concentrating of the A-10c II I thought another Warthog was better. Too bad WW doesn't make a Hog HOTAS.

Buzz

vor 21 Stunden schrieb BuzzU:

I was going to order the Hornet Orion 2 HOTAS. It was $535 and $615 with shipping to the US (Colorado).

I ordered a Warthog from New York (BH Photo) and got free shipping. I also got it in 2 days. Free 2 day shipping??

What I don't understand is the Warthog comes in one box. Why can't the Orion? They're both the same size.

Since i'm concentrating of the A-10c II I thought another Warthog was better. Too bad WW doesn't make a Hog HOTAS.

The Orion is „modular“. You can get it with the Hornet or the Viper grip, that‘s why it is 2 boxes.

I guess they won‘t make a Hog HOTAS because the market is probably pretty saturated.

I guess next thing they come up with will be a Viper MIP.

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

22 hours ago, BuzzU said:

Sorry but the Orion2 is head an shoulders better then the TM Warthog.....just no comparison!

37 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

Sorry but the Orion2 is head an shoulders better then the TM Warthog.....just no comparison!

Why are you sorry? I've had 5 Warthogs and never had any problems with them. All they need is to change to a lighter green spring. I like to match the controller to the plane i'm flying and that's the Hog right now.

• Like 1

Buzz

I'm disagreeing with you. Warthogs are over 15yrs old now and do not come close to the WW Orion....chalk and cheese! Oh and I've also owned a couple of Warthogs over my lifetime. They're ok as entry level but just don't stack up to the adaptability, quality and feel of the Orion2.

Edited by MustangSally
  • Like 1

In your opinion.

I agree that the design and material used of the WW base are superior to the WH but when flying I feel little difference. My friend owns a WW. I'd still buy a WW if it was a Hog controller. I'm not buying a Hornet throttle to fly the Hog. It rubs me the wrong way.

I don't mean to come to a WW forum and be negative. I only posted about the thread topic. Shipping. Then got called out. I'll always respond.

I'm done now.

• Like 1

Buzz