Automatic Startup Doesn't Work

gutsystudio

• ED Team

Please ensure you have disabled game flight and game avionics in the main dcs settings

if you still have problems please attach a short track replay example

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have this issue as well when using auto start. Game mode is disable and collective is bottomed. When the auto start sequence gets to APU start it starts the APU, the APU ready light on the switch comes on and then it says "APU light must be on within 20 seconds, auto start sequence stopped".

I timed the light and it's roughly 12 seconds each time so a potential bug.

Will post a track this evening.

As said though this bird is super easy to start.

27 minutes ago, MrNelz said:

I have this issue as well when using auto start. Game mode is disable and collective is bottomed. When the auto start sequence gets to APU start it starts the APU, the APU ready light on the switch comes on and then it says "APU light must be on within 20 seconds, auto start sequence stopped".

I timed the light and it's roughly 12 seconds each time so a potential bug.

Will post a track this evening.

As said though this bird is super easy to start.

Observed the same

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please ensure you have disabled game flight and game avionics in the main dcs settings

if you still have problems please attach a short track replay example

thanks

Would you like me to keep this other start up issue here or start a new thread?

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, MrNelz said:

Would you like me to keep this other start up issue here or start a new thread?

its fine here please post a track replay when you are ready 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY Ok I've run it a few times now in a custom built mission and in Instant Action Cold and Dark. It's not consistent behaviour and I was unable to reproduce it on demand.

I've attached 4 x tracks showing 1 failure in the AutoStart sequence in the Instant Action Cold Dark mission and 1 successful. 1 Successful AutoStart in a custom made mission and a failed AutoStop.

For reference the failed AutoStart happened immediately after the failed AutoStop.

Hope this helps.

AutoStart failure Instant Action Cold Start.trk AutoStart success Custom mission.trk AutoStart Success Instant Action Cold and Dark.trk AutoStop failure Custom mission.trk

• ED Team
48 minutes ago, MrNelz said:

@BIGNEWY Ok I've run it a few times now in a custom built mission and in Instant Action Cold and Dark. It's not consistent behaviour and I was unable to reproduce it on demand.

I've attached 4 x tracks showing 1 failure in the AutoStart sequence in the Instant Action Cold Dark mission and 1 successful. 1 Successful AutoStart in a custom made mission and a failed AutoStop.

For reference the failed AutoStart happened immediately after the failed AutoStop.

Hope this helps.

AutoStart failure Instant Action Cold Start.trk 1.25 MB · 0 downloads AutoStart success Custom mission.trk 94.76 kB · 0 downloads AutoStart Success Instant Action Cold and Dark.trk 1.25 MB · 0 downloads AutoStop failure Custom mission.trk 105.19 kB · 0 downloads

thank you for the tracks, unfortunately they contain unofficial mods that I don't have and can not use on our debug. Does it happen in a mission without unofficial mods?

@BIGNEWY I ran his Track named "AutoStart failure Instant Action Cold Start". In it, he goes to external(f2) view right after the mission starts. So I did about 15 tests of the start up. In every case, the start failed right after "-STARTING APU" with the message "APU ON LIGHT MUST BE ON WITHIN 20 SEC" "AUTOSTART STOPPED" if I was in external view when "Starting APU" shows up. Every time I was on inside(F1") view it made it past that point fine. This was with the AutoStart initiated in external view and with it initiated in internal view. It seems to be that the sequence cannot detect that the APU has started if the pilot is in external view. 

I attempted the same procedure in my own instant action cold start on Persian Gulf with the same result.

I then performed a full AutoStart in internal view with no problem to see if the same problem caused a failed AutoStop. -Same issue, AutoStop begins by turning on the APU, if in external view, the sequence fails to recognize that the APU has successfully started.

Additionally after attempting this, the "ON" light on the APU button would not be illuminated after APU start using either Auto Sequence.

After the failed auto start/stop attempt with outside view and no "ON" light. It becomes impossible to start the APU. and lowering power levers to idle causes loss of power to displays. This indicates that after this bug begins, the APU will no longer start. Attempting to start the APU after this will give a APU POWER ON message and APU START message. It will also cause a flame out the APU exhaust, but no sound of APU increasing in RPM.

I could additionally cause an AutoStop to fail by starting the APU prior to initiating the Sequence. However, in this case, I could power on the APU again after it failed. I could also initiate an AutoStop after this and it would succeed as long as I began the sequence with the APU off.

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thank you for the tracks, unfortunately they contain unofficial mods that I don't have and can not use on our debug. Does it happen in a mission without unofficial mods?

Whoops. I'll clean out the MODS folder and run it again tomorrow and post the tracks. Sorry totally forgot about that!

Just now, MrNelz said:

Whoops. I'll clean out the MODS folder and run it again tomorrow and post the tracks. Sorry totally forgot about that!

did you go to external view during the failed shudown. and did you not go to external view during the successful startup, and shutdown?

24 minutes ago, tech_op2000 said:

did you go to external view during the failed shudown. and did you not go to external view during the successful startup, and shutdown?

That's correct. I'll try and reproduce when I redo the tracks tomorrow.

@BIGNEWYHello again. Just done some more testing and it is now repeatable.

Activate AutoStart or AutoStop from F1 view = Successful operation

Activate AutoStart or AutoStop from F2 view = Unuccessful operation

Here's the tracks......minus the Mods this time!

AutoStop failure Custom mission F2 view.trk AutoStop success Custom mission F1 view.trk AutoStart failure custom mission F2 view.trk AutoStart success Custom mission F1 view.trk

• Like 1

@NineLinenope that is unchecked. I use a custom mapping for all controls, peripherals are as follows.

Warthog Stick

TPR pedals

VIRPIL TCS base plus with KA50 grip

System:

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

AMD 5900X

ASUS TUF 6900XT

32GB 3600 CL14 G.Skill Neo DDR4

Sabrent Rocket 4 PCI-E Gen 4 2TB NvME partitioned for OS and DCS

Windows 10 lastest version fully updated.

Latest stable AMD Adrenalin drivers 

Processor is on a PBO profile and boosts to 5.1ghz single core

6900XT is on a manual OC with minimum freq 2400mhz max 2508mhz 1100mV, memory at 2100mhz with fast timing, power limit set to max (+15%)

hope that helps.

Edited by MrNelz
additional system details

10 hours ago, NineLine said:

Do you by chance have this checked? Sorry if this has been asked already.
image.png

@NineLine I had synchronize controls off during my initial tests.

I performed the test again with synchronize cockpit controls on. Same behavior. If in any view other than internal view (F1). the AUTOSTART and AUTOSTOP fails to recognize the APU On. Do you observe this behavior if you go to an external view during an autostart or stop and are in an external view when it tries to turn on the APU?

13 minutes ago, tech_op2000 said:

@NineLine I had synchronize controls off during my initial tests.

I performed the test again with synchronize cockpit controls on. Same behavior. If in any view other than internal view (F1). the AUTOSTART and AUTOSTOP fails to recognize the APU On. Do you observe this behavior if you go to an external view during an autostart or stop and are in an external view when it tries to turn on the APU?

Same thing happens to me, even when I use the F1 view to start autostart and then switch to F2 or any other external view.

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

Can't comment on the previous patch but the latest patch has the Autostart shut down after engine 2 fails to start during startup.
Didn't change any view so i stayed in F1 view all the time.

Apache Autostart Fail.trk

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

1 hour ago, Lange_666 said:

Can't comment on the previous patch but the latest patch has the Autostart shut down after engine 2 fails to start during startup.
Didn't change any view so i stayed in F1 view all the time.

Apache Autostart Fail.trk 3.45 MB · 0 downloads

There is a bug with engine 2 that has been fixed internally and should be in the next patch

Edited by tech_op2000

Yeah, found out after i posted in here...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!