Automatic Startup Doesn't Work

gutsystudio

• 7 months later...

We are on DCS 2.8(.0.32235) and the following auto start bug is still happening for me when swtiching to external view via F2 key (internal view works):

Zitat

"APU light must be on within 20 seconds, auto start sequence stopped"

Tested with cold start in Nevada. Waited for the speaker to finish his short introduction, then switched to external view and then started the auto start procedure. Never touched any controls or other keys before or during the auto start procedure. Was using TrackIR but I'm positive this also happens without.

I have a trackfile. I do see options to add links, images and GIFs etc., but don't see an option to attach local files when posting this (I'm new to this forum, just registered).

3 hours ago, Land said:

I have a trackfile. I do see options to add links, images and GIFs etc., but don't see an option to attach local files when posting this (I'm new to this forum, just registered).

Drag and drop the track file to the text box and it should upload automatically, as long as it's not larger than 5MB.

• Thanks 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb NeedzWD40:

Drag and drop the track file to the text box and it should upload automatically, as long as it's not larger than 5MB.

Hmm, I get an "This file format is not supported." message when I drag and drop the .trk file into the text box (the box were I write this text into).

Same when I try to copy & paste the file, or with other file types (.zip, .pdf, ...).

The .trk file is only 2.8 MB small.

• 8 months later...
  • ED Team

Auto start in F2 has been fixed

Please note, 

if you switch seat to the gunner during auto start it will not complete. 

In this circumstance you should use C to take control and then use auto start.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 7/12/2023 at 4:43 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Auto start in F2 has been fixed

Please note, 

if you switch seat to the gunner during auto start it will not complete. 

In this circumstance you should use C to take control and then use auto start.

thanks

Sorry, but no Sir.

At least, not in my case. I tried Auto Start in Stable Version 2.8.4.39731 and OpenBeta 2.8.6.41363 and in both associated MT versions. Same issue as was described here before: When in external view the Auto Start doesn't make it past the "APU 20 seconds" issue. Test map was Nevada. No switch of seats. Nothing at all was switched, just the key to external view (F2 view) followed by Auto Start procedure key. Nothing else.

When in cockpit view, however, the auto startup works fine.

Let me know please if I can provide some data that might help and I will try to post it.

Thank you!

• ED Team

apologies, this is fixed for the July patch when it happens. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
9 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Just checking that this missed the Monday's patch, correct?

Screen_230726_210215.jpg

Auto start in F2 should work now. 

However switching seat will create a problem 

If you are seeing different please attach a track replay 

thanks

31 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Auto start in F2 should work now. 

However switching seat will create a problem 

If you are seeing different please attach a track replay 

thanks

You're right, when I tried to reproduce it a second time, it worked as advertised. 🤷‍♂️ Sorry for false alarm.
I didn't notice mention of it in the patch notes so I thought it had been missed.

Cheers

• Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• ED Team

No problem and thanks for the feedback, 

will close this as fixed

thanks