New IR textures issue

NeMoGas

So first off I want to say the new IR rendering is awesome. However I have seen an issue crop up several times now where units will sometimes appear solid black in IR and not have any kind of heat texture. I understand this is WIP but I figured I would report it anyway. It also seems not to be unit specific as I have seen units with the proper textures, and then have seen the same type bugged. I'm also not sure if this is just with IR sensors in general or if it happens only in CA. I also play mostly MP so not sure if it is just some type of desync.

In this video you can see a Leclerc with no textures. I then engage an SA13 Strela that is also missing it's heat textures. When the Strela dies you can see the destroyed model has a heat texture.

Here is a Hummer a friendly Hind deployed a few minutes after the video above was recorded.

Screen_220323_211508.png

Being a multiplayer mission with hundreds of tanks and other vehicles, and about 45 player aircraft I don't have a track for this. I have also cleared my FXO files and meta shaders after this new patched dropped.

Oh also ignore (not really plz fix :D) the constant IR seeker tone, that is another long standing CA bug in MP servers.

Hope this gets fixed, the IR is awesome and really adds to immersion of the game. 

Thanks for your time.

Edited by NeMoGas

It seems like all the units have some sort of heat texture. Some are better than others, but none appear to be solid black like in my post above. Dimitriov might be correct about the dynamically spawned units. All 3 of the units in my post above were player created and dynamically spawned into the mission. Not all dynamically spawned units seem to have this issue though as I see many that look ok even of the same type, in the same mission, at the same time.

Here is a video of every Armor, Artillery, Air Defense, and Unarmed unit in DCS.

This seems to be a bug.

Not sure why this has been marked with a solution. After more playing around it does appear to be an issue with dynamically spawned units. I even made a video showing every unit in DCS and how they all do have an IR texture. 

Also the units in the original post 100% have an IR texture that changes based on driving, shooting, or being engine off.

A solid unchanging black texture is clearly a bug, there is no solution in this thread, yet.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by NeMoGas

• 3 weeks later...

This happens in MP with units that are dynamically spawned I can't provide a track. A track from the server I play in would be to big to upload to the forums and likely not work. 

The work around is to disconnect and then reconnect to the server and all the units that were bugged should be fixed. However any new units spawned while you are connected can become bugged.

• ED Team

If its outside scripting, I am not sure what we can do, if you have a way of reproducing on a vanilla install of DCS, please supply more info.

If you have the script and can make a simple mission I can report that. Just let me know.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png