Can you start/resume a route midway through list?

Hoirtel

I have had some issues if I have a route set and I  either don't fly close enough to the first waypoint or I direct to somewhere and then look to join the route later, is there anyway of being able to auto continue? I seem to end up having to do a direct to for every single point after that. Yes I know a CPG would do this for me if  it wasn't George but even so there must be a way of doing this. Even just manually flipping through each waypoint on a route would be handy.

I know a workaround would be to create a new route or possibly delete the earlier points in my current route but both of these seem a bit "head down". I guess I could flip to the CPG seat and set it all up while George holds the fort.

Edited by Hoirtel

39 minutes ago, frostycab said:

As long as your DIRect to point is part of the active route I believe it should auto-sequence to the next point in that route as long as you pass within 0.1km of it.

Ok..I'll try again. Pretty sure that wasn't happening.... Maybe my lack of precision flying! Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

Ok..I'll try again. Pretty sure that wasn't happening.... Maybe my lack of precision flying! Thanks. 

You just have to keep your velocity vector lined up with the homeplate symbol, and then keep and eye on your range info. And another eye on the ground. And one on the engines. And one on the... Well, in short you just need more eyes. 6 should pretty much cover it all. 🙂

• Like 2

You do have to fly within .1km in order for the WP to autochange to the next one.  And that includes altitude ... if your WP is at ground level and you're .2km in the air you're out of luck... would be good if they increased the distance to oh about .3 

• Like 1

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Just now, lefty1117 said:

You do have to fly within .1km in order for the WP to autochange to the next one.  And that includes altitude ... if your WP is at ground level and you're .2km in the air you're out of luck... would be good if they increased the distance to oh about .3 

Ah! This might be it. I have been setting them at ground level. Thanks 

18 minutes ago, lefty1117 said:

The altitude thing is news to me. I've flown routes that I've quickly dropped into the mission editor, thus having all my waypoints up around 6500ft, but flown past them in NoE flight and the waypoint has cycled just fine. If you have to pass them within 100m of altitude (which is less than 330ft!) it would be a real pain.

EDIT: I've just tested this, and altitude does NOT appear to be a factor, at least not for me. I placed a waypoint at sea level and overflew it at 4000ft. At 0.1km lateral range it sequenced to the next route waypoint. I also tried placing one at 4500ft and flew under it at almost sea level, with the same result.

Edited by frostycab
  • Like 2

• ED Team
16 minutes ago, lefty1117 said:

The waypoint passage allowances are supposed to be much greater than 0.1km, but it is still WIP I'm assuming.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

8 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

I have had some issues if I have a route set and I  either don't fly close enough to the first waypoint or I direct to somewhere and then look to join the route later, is there anyway of being able to auto continue? I seem to end up having to do a direct to for every single point after that. Yes I know a CPG would do this for me if  it wasn't George but even so there must be a way of doing this. Even just manually flipping through each waypoint on a route would be handy.

I know a workaround would be to create a new route or possibly delete the earlier points in my current route but both of these seem a bit "head down". I guess I could flip to the CPG seat and set it all up while George holds the fort.

To go to DIR-TO mode you need to get into RTE on TADS. Once you select your waypoint, exit RTE sub-mode and it will continue ccling waypoints

• Like 1

5 hours ago, frostycab said:

The altitude thing is news to me. I've flown routes that I've quickly dropped into the mission editor, thus having all my waypoints up around 6500ft, but flown past them in NoE flight and the waypoint has cycled just fine. If you have to pass them within 100m of altitude (which is less than 330ft!) it would be a real pain.

EDIT: I've just tested this, and altitude does NOT appear to be a factor, at least not for me. I placed a waypoint at sea level and overflew it at 4000ft. At 0.1km lateral range it sequenced to the next route waypoint. I also tried placing one at 4500ft and flew under it at almost sea level, with the same result.

Thanks for testing.  I was sure that had happened to me, but must have been another factor in my case.  I immediately thought it was altitude.

• Like 1

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD