George AI (CP/G) only doing one gun burst even if target is not destroyed [Track file added]

sirrah

Sorry if reported before and sorry for the lack of a track file (got so carried away yesterday in my DCS Apache session 😍, that I forgot to report it)...

I noticed that when I give George AI (CP/G) the order to fire the gun at a target, he only does one single burst. If the target remains alive he won't fire again, even if I give him the "consent" order again.

Only after having him deslave/re-acquire the target and giving him the "consent" again, he will again do one burst

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

I will try to reproduce, but if possible always include a track replay

edit:

Seems to be working for me, 
In yellow mode you use the consent to fire for each burst.
When in green free fire mode ( up long ) George will continue to engage. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

26 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

edit:

When in green free fire mode George will continue to engage. 

thanks

What's the bind to enter green mode?

I've done it accidentally but never figured out what it was

ASUS Z-170 PRO Gaming | Intl Core I7 7600 | 16GB Corsair DDR-4 2132 | nVidia 1660 Ti Black Edition 6GB | Saitek X-52 HOTAS | Oculus Rift

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

edit:

When in green free fire mode George will continue to engage. 

thanks

Yeah I know about the track file. Social life and work have me in their grasp right now, but I'll drop a track file here as soon as life lets me

1 hour ago, Leeham said:

What's the bind to enter green mode?

I've done it accidentally but never figured out what it was

George AI command up "long" switches between ROE modes

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Finally got the opportunity to record a track file of this issue (see attachment)

You'll see me:

1. Activate George AI menu
  2. Make absolutely sure that George has "gun" selected
  3. Take-off to hover
  4. Order George to select target (he confirms and does so)
  5. Give "consent" -> George does one gun burst on target
  6. Give "consent" command again (multiple times)-> George voice responds, but he does not fire the gun
  7. Order George to deslave
  8. Order George to select target (he confirms and does so)
  9. Give "consent" -> George does one gun burst on target
  10. Give "consent" command again (multiple times)-> George voice responds, but he does not fire the gun

After that, I switch to ROE mode green and try again. George does keep firing (so that works)

I then selected back to ROE yellow, and he again only does one single burst*. I have to make him re-acquire the target to make him fire again.

George AI inconsistent response to consent.trk

*It seems that at one point, George actually did fire twice 🤔... So, at best, I can call his behavior inconsistent...

Would be nice if someone could confirm this issue.

System specs:

• sirrah changed the title to George AI (CP/G) only doing one gun burst even if target is not destroyed [Track file added]
  • ED Team

Hi,

thanks for the track. 

I have marked this fixed internally and the improvement will be in a future patch. 

You are correct it is inconsistent in open beta, in our internal build it is much better, so something to look forward to

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

50 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

thanks for the track. 

I have marked this fixed internally and the improvement will be in a future patch. 

You are correct it is inconsistent in open beta, in our internal build it is much better, so something to look forward to

thanks

Thanks for the fast response and good to hear it's already improved internally.

(I'm just nitpicking anyways, as already I'm enjoying the hell out of this current state of the Apache!)

• Like 1

System specs: