NVS Mode Switch on 3 position Switch.

bart

As the title say's it would be great to be able to utilise a 3 position switch, for example the LASTE switch on the Warthog throttle, to bind the NVS Mode 3 position switch OFF, NORM and FIXED positions to.

Probably possible now by messing with .lua files but it would be much better if it was a standard thing included with the vanilla bindings for the Apache.

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I already use the laste for that, with the 128 bindings script for T.A.R.G.E.T. that you can find on this forum you can bind every position of the Warthog throttle

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

14 hours ago, bart said:

As the title say's it would be great to be able to utilise a 3 position switch, for example the LASTE switch on the Warthog throttle, to bind the NVS Mode 3 position switch OFF, NORM and FIXED positions to.

Probably possible now by messing with .lua files but it would be much better if it was a standard thing included with the vanilla bindings for the Apache.

I could be mistaken on what you’re asking for but this is already doable if you have a 3 position switch to bind it too, granted how my controls and yours integrate into dcs maybe different. 

so if I understand what you’re asking so you can correct me if I’m wrong. You have a physical 3 position switch and you want it so when you manipulate it, it changes the game from off-norm-fixed based off the physical position. 

this is possible at least for me with vkb and winwing and the thrustmaster t160000. Find the game setting for the desired setting, flip switch into that position, now granted this is largely dependent on the manufacturer of your controls and how they implement into dcs. Once it’s appropriately bound it will function in this way. I only did off - norm via a 2 way mainly because I have no desire for fixed but by all means if you want to bind all 3 more power to you and I hope you’re having a good time in the module. 

On 3/26/2022 at 11:11 AM, Tarres said:

I´ve tweaked the LUA file so NVS, LIghts and others 3 positions are functional for the Warthog. Same as in the other modules.

But I need to check the files every time I update the sim.

Not if you use this. You will only need to copy one file after every update easily done with a Mod Manager.
Read the instructions though.

And if you add your keybinds to this project everybody will benefit! 😊

• Like 1

I'd very much like the 2 and 3 way switches to have bindings to have them automatically switch back when the corresponding button is no longer "pressed" (for example the behavior for the warthog switches). Or as I have suggested before a new feature for the input system that allows you to bind "on release" buttons to controls. so if your 3 position switch on your physical controller has BTN 12 - OFF - BTN 13, then you could bind one cockpit function each to BTN 12 and BTN 13 and bind the center position to BTN 12 Release or BTN 13 Release.

This way every aircraft would be more flexible and you could get rid of some of the specific control bindings to declutter the list. For example I have the master arm and laser arm in the ka-50 on the EAC and Radar altimeter power switch, but there is no option to disable those systems when those buttons are no longer pressed. so i have to flick them twice to make that happen, which is inconvenient.

It would save the aircraft makers from making lots of key bindings and it would allow users to add whatever they wanted to the off positions for their switches.

More here:

Edited by FalcoGer