Quick question: BAL LIMIT

ataribaby
Go to solution Solved by WinterH,

• 1 year later...

Yes, I get this with the Hellfires myself,,,I dont know what it means either, but it wont rifle until the message clears

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I will have to note the conditions next time I experience this

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

On 9/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, NeedzWD40 said:

Second trigger detent will override this performance inhibit. I've stretched AGM-114K out to ~9.5km in certain conditions, but AGM-114L is a bit more limited due to the trajectory.

Done the same with the AGM114L at same distance, i wondered that it kills the target at such a distance. 

3 hours ago, grim_reaper68 said:

Done the same with the AGM114L at same distance, i wondered that it kills the target at such a distance. 

Plasma jet (from warhead) will still function the same, no matter what the terminal velocity of the missile is at fuse functioning.  The Hellfires don't need kinetics to assist them, the same way a DU round does from an A-10 or M1 Abrams for example. 

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

34 minutes ago, grim_reaper68 said:

I thought hellfire maximum range was at 8 km, it seems that the L is given at that range, but the K have 11km range, depending of the trajectory.

In essence, the 8km is a hardline absolute worst condition for the missile. The limit is battery power and trajectory plus environmental conditions can greatly alter how far the missile can go for the lifetime of the battery.

• Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb grim_reaper68:

I thought hellfire maximum range was at 8 km, it seems that the L is given at that range, but the K have 11km range, depending of the trajectory.

"Maximum range" is always a mix of multiple factors, not a point to point distance.

Battery lifetime, ballistic trajectory, wind, moving vs. static target, all has influence. The L has a curved flight path to enhance its radar performance, which reduces the range. Shooting from 2000 ft adds a bit of range, if the battery lasts long enough, etc.

George often has his own mind, where a human CP/G can make the missile perform at the edge of its performance envelope... or misjudge completely and make it fall short. 😇

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)