New Spitfire Campaign Announcement

Channel or Normandy?

nevermind, typed before watching the video…

Edited by Bozon

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the IL-2 1946 campaign very well since I flew those missions so many times. Incredibly immersive. As are the first two DCS Spit campaigns. But, yes, the Channel map is so much better than the Normandy map. Too bad there isn't a way to move those campaigns over to the newer map without completely redoing all of those missions. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have never had a lot of interest, or been a big scripted game play fan, but your campaigns are definitely changing my outlook on that. The attention to detail you put into these campaigns is simply amazing, and enjoyed by many I am sure. Really appreciate all your efforts and looking forward to the Spitfire tutorial, I could really use it!

Edited by Callsign112
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 12:33 PM, Reflected said:

Let's play through mission (sortie) 9 of 'Beware! Beware!', my upcoming DCS: Spitfire IX campaign. I'll show you some tips and tricks that will help you successfully complete the missions and you can also listen to me randomly ramble about interesting details about this campaign

Hi @Reflected, what's the projected release date for this new campaign? I'm following with very high interest, as I've been planning to get back into the Spitfire in the new Channel map. Your campaign seems like a perfect occasion.

Just now, Picchio said:

Hi @Reflected, what's the projected release date for this new campaign? I'm following with very high interest, as I've been planning to get back into the Spitfire in the new Channel map. Your campaign seems like a perfect occasion.

Hey, thanks! I've already submitted to ED, so it's really up to them when they release it. Probably within a few months? It's best to start practicing already 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to get into the spit, maybe during this sale. Am I going to have to buy Normandy AND Channel if I want a few decent campaigns? Or will I be fine with Channel only stuff like this one?

I'm looking to get into the spit, maybe during this sale. Am I going to have to buy Normandy AND Channel if I want a few decent campaigns? Or will I be fine with Channel only stuff like this one?
If you'll be flying online you'll need Normandy. And you'll also need Normandy to fly the other two spitfire campaigns available. The Channel isn't very popular online but it's really great and necessary for this campaign. You'll also need to buy WWII assets pack.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not related to the campaign of course, but don't these winter trees look off?

Anyway, that climb still seems quite crazy... I hope things improve by the time the campaign is released, but I thought ED had already mitigated the climbing issue in the latest OB update?

Edited by Picchio

2 hours ago, Picchio said:

Anyway, that climb still seems quite crazy... I hope things improve by the time the campaign is released, but I thought ED had already mitigated the climbing issue in the latest OB update?

Yep, that was said in the newsletter/changelog. Perhaps now Reflected has to "fix" the IA climb he had in his campaign to those new IA standards.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

28 minutes ago, Reflected said:

I can’t ‘fix’ it as I only have access to the mission editor, not the AI code. But it’s actually not difficult, check out this video:

Yeah, sorry, I meant since apparently IA climbing has changed, perhaps you would need some kind of "fix" in the campaign for the climb if one no longer needs that kind of climb to keep IA's pace.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice