Does early access support HELLFIRE loal/lobl, and LO and HI fly mode

hreich

I was succesfull only uisng hellfires using DIR mode...Using HI and LO from gunner position i cant get constraint box - to show on tads display,,If i launch hellfire, its flies straight unguided...Am i doing something wrong, or this is not implemented in early access?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• ED Team

if possible include a track replay example. 

George currently has a LOAL issue and I have tested a fix for the next patch 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I tried a LOAL Hi shot last night in multicrew, lazed and stored. Set ACQ to the Target. Fired and missile went high like it should. I lazed it and got a return on the code, but it landed way behind target.

I think this has already been addressed in bugs section though regarding desync and laser issues 

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Worked for me when I tested just now. Steps were:

WPN page : R1 through R3 read SAL, NORM and either LO or HI.

TADS: LASE and STORE target point.

TSD: used cursor to CAQ the stored point.

TADS: Fired missile which lofted nicely and started lasing. Missile landed right on target. (Unusual for any Helffires so far, but I know it will improve 😉)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, S. Low said:

Maybe I missed because I didn’t use the TSD / CAQ ?

I suspect this is the case. For a LOAL shot the missile needs to know roughly where there target is so that it knows which direction to go in. I don't know what sort of angle the seeker head can scan, but basically you need this point set as the ACQ source to ensure that when the missile comes down the laser will be within its field of view and within its remaining manoeuvring capability if it does detect it.

1 minute ago, frostycab said:

I suspect this is the case. For a LOAL shot the missile needs to know roughly where there target is so that it knows which direction to go in. I don't know what sort of angle the seeker head can scan, but basically you need this point set as the ACQ source to ensure that when the missile comes down the laser will be within its field of view and within its remaining manoeuvring capability if it does detect it.

But does it have to be set by CAQ? I stored a target point and set it as ACQ in tads prior to firing the hellfire. Isn’t this the same thing just a different method?

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

It *should* use whatever ACQ point you have set, whether you've CAQ'd the lased and stored point or have a waypoint as the target or whatever.

Picture this: You have 2 targets ahead of you. One at max range and one at relatively short range. Both could be engaged using a LOAL shot. If you wanted to shoot at the nearby target  you would set that as you ACQ source, because otherwise the missile might actually pass the target before pointing down enough to see the laser. Conversely, If you were to shoot for max range, but the missile nosed over too early it may not have the energy to reach it. The missile can't allow for a random target that may or may not be within its whole range of search and flight parameters, so you need to give it a clue where top head for and then steer the last bit with the laser.

That's a very simplified and analogous way of looking at it, but hopefully it makes some sense.

EDIT: Something you said just hit me.

14 minutes ago, S. Low said:

I stored a target point and set it as ACQ in tads prior to firing the hellfire.

Can you describe the steps you did? I wasn't aware that you could set the ACQ through the TADS. I use TADS to create a target position but have to set it as ACQ either through the ACQ menu on the WPN  or TSD pages, or via the CAQ. Perhaps I've missed something.

Edited by frostycab
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, frostycab said:

It *should* use whatever ACQ point you have set, whether you've CAQ'd the lased and stored point or have a waypoint as the target or whatever.

Picture this: You have 2 targets ahead of you. One at max range and one at relatively short range. Both could be engaged using a LOAL shot. If you wanted to shoot at the nearby target  you would set that as you ACQ source, because otherwise the missile might actually pass the target before pointing down enough to see the laser. Conversely, If you were to shoot for max range, but the missile nosed over too early it may not have the energy to reach it. The missile can't allow for a random target that may or may not be within its whole range of search and flight parameters, so you need to give it a clue where top head for and then steer the last bit with the laser.

That's a very simplified and analogous way of looking at it, but hopefully it makes some sense.

EDIT: Something you said just hit me.

Can you describe the steps you did? I wasn't aware that you could set the ACQ through the TADS. I use TADS to create a target position but have to set it as ACQ either through the ACQ menu on the WPN  or TSD pages, or via the CAQ. Perhaps I've missed something.

I wasn’t accurate in how I described my process. It was indeed through the WPN page. R5 or whatever to select ACQ, then selecting T point from there

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

3 hours ago, frostycab said:

Worked for me when I tested just now. Steps were:

WPN page : R1 through R3 read SAL, NORM and either LO or HI.

TADS: LASE and STORE target point.

TSD: used cursor to CAQ the stored point.

TADS: Fired missile which lofted nicely and started lasing. Missile landed right on target. (Unusual for any Helffires so far, but I know it will improve 😉)

LOAL works just fine if you have human front seater in SP or MP. It also works fine if you are front seater firing LOAL with AI JTAC.

LOAL doesn't work if George is front seater or in MP if you try buddy lase (sometimes it does work in buddy lase).

It doesn't matter where or how you input ACQ source.