Patch schedule question.

geno75

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, geno75 said:

I am not looking for the date on the next patch, I am curious if ED is going back to the same rough schedule as last year when it comes to patches.....basically once a month?

Hi, 

when we are ready to announce a patch the patch status post is updated here on the forum. Generally we are looking at longer main patch cycles, with fix patches as necessary between them. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I’m wondering if it’s due to workload. The more modules you have, the more time it takes to fix, compile, test, release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

19 minutes ago, Eagle7907 said:

I’m wondering if it’s due to workload.

It's not really that. A few years ago they were on a strict 2-week cycle, where once OB would be updated, and afterwards Stable would be, etc. The end result however was that releases to OB were really rushed and often buggy, and those issues would pass to Stable fairly quickly. That all ended up in (I think) 2.5.6 when ED released a horribly broken update to the lighting system and users were stuck with it. We all complained and the result was a slower pacing of the patch cycle, with more thorough testing in-between.

There is no set schedule on patches. And the patch status...though it was a useful tool in the past, it was more of an argument point when BN/NL posted them and (we) the community complained about it if it wasn't available. Now it's more of a status update on the same day as release...which means you read it as you are downloading the patch.

In fairness, the features we are getting, are rather complex to code...or they are now adding them to the core system...so some waiting is going to happen...

Just think of the excitement you can get by opening DCS world, and you get the message..."Do wish to update DCS WORLD?"!

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

if ppl didnt know.. ED tries to now space out patches either monthly or biweekly.

where was a point in time when players were getting upset that patches dropped so quickly and settings got changed, or servers didnt reflect newest patch quick enough, it became a a headache for a bunch of ppl who then made noise.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

It's not really that. A few years ago they were on a strict 2-week cycle, where once OB would be updated, and afterwards Stable would be, etc. The end result however was that releases to OB were really rushed and often buggy, and those issues would pass to Stable fairly quickly. That all ended up in (I think) 2.5.6 when ED released a horribly broken update to the lighting system and users were stuck with it. We all complained and the result was a slower pacing of the patch cycle, with more thorough testing in-between.

Yeah, I remember that when the Hornet initially released. Since then we’ve had numerous modules release to OB then, hence the question. I do remember also the patches were a bit more buggy, mostly on the MP side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer