Radio not transmitting - no response from ATC, Wingmen

Hi everyone,

first of all, i like to congratulate you for this wonderful campaign. I've been playing DCS (stable release) a couple of months now, flying mainly the A10C ll and TEW 3.0 is one of the best campaigns i played so far. Now i switched to the open beta for the Apache module and i wanted to give it another playthrough. Unfortunately i encountered some problems with the radio systems and the AI:

Regardless of what i do, the AI (ATC, Wingmen, etc.) wont reply to my requests. No matter if i request engine startup, taxi to runway or if i want to give my wingmen orders; theres no response. This seems to be a "Transmit-only" problem as for the automated messages, (e.g. i start taxing without requesting permission) the proper resonse is given by ATC. I played Mission 1&2 with this "condition" and also all the scripted story-messages are all recieved as they should. So it's still playable but i just can't give orders to my wingmen or request landings.

For now, i only had this problem in TEW 3.0. In other Campaigns and Instant Action, it works as i'm used to it.

What i tried so far:

- Double checked that the correct frequencies are tuned in

- Double checked the key bindings for the MIC switches

- Checked that "Easy Communication" is off

- Full repair of DCS open beta

- Deleting and reinstall of TEW 3.0

Now i'm out of ideas. Maybe you guys can have a look at it and tell me at least, that it's really a bug and that the problem is not pebkac 🙂

Have a nice day all and stay safe,

Koebes

• Koebes changed the title to Radio not transmitting - no response from ATC, Wingmen

Hey, thanks for looking into it.

Yep i'm pretty sure that i used the radios the right way. I have used the same key bindings as before in the stable version, where they worked correctly. Also in another Campaign, where FM is used to communicate with the ground forces, it does work.

The only thing that's different is that there are now two options for each mic switch. "Call radio Menu" and "VOIP". Maybe it has something to do with that? I tried mapping the "VOIP" options to different buttons but they had no effect at all. But on the other hand i'm not yet into MP and Voice Chat at all. I remember reading something with radio problems and double mapping of the mic switches. so i completely unmapped the switches for VOIP. But still no luck 😦

Hi,

I have the same issue with the radios in the campaign.

There is no response from ATC (Kobuleti 133.0 AM), but in my case the wingman is responding to my orders.

IIRC it worked before, but haven't played the campaign in a while... Fingers crossed for an easy fix😇

kind regards

Bender_39

Hi, yeah i just tried out and it seems since the last update, at least the wingmen are responding again.. ATC still is very quiet.

So i guess it's a problem related to the game AI and somehow it was fixed with the last update.

Yah I commented on the above post in General Bugs but I believe it should belong here as it just seems to be affecting this particular campaign. And it is still existing after the today's patch. I only find the stock ATC comms affected, everything else comm and freq wise seems to work within the campaign.

Edited by Gunnar81

Ran into this issue yesterday trying to go through the birds of prey mission. I thought it was because I screwed up editing my logbook to continue the campaign on the A10C-2 module since I last played the campaign on the original A10C.

I just flew without ATC for now.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hey guys, I tried to fix this and unfortunately I can't do it unless I go through each mission and change the frequency for wingman back to UHF, update all the docs and also troubleshoot overlapping comms that we will have on UHF if I do this. Which means that for the time being there is no fix and that you will have to fly without the ATC until I find a way to get it working. These are some under-the-hood changes in DCS unfortunately... 

• Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

I don't remember if there even is a normal DCS JTAC in the campaign...

I think there used to be one in Op Hammerfall III, but I'm not sure if you left it in TEW 3.0. Shows I haven't flown this campaign in ages. 😄

This is still an issue, I'd really love for this to be fixed please, the dumb dcs ai always tries to fly close formation because i can't send them orders, this lead to multiple annoying events such as them just straight out ramming me midair while i fly in a straight and level line or them crashing into terrain cause they don't understand I'm doing a gun run or landing...

I know the AI is not under your control but I'd really like to be able to tell them to rtb or to do something else

Thanks 🙂

Edited by beninot

I won't be able to do it for the next week update, as this requires an overhaul of the whole campaign - all 21 missions, changing all the documents etc. I didn't know the AI wouldn't respond, I just thought it was the ATC not working properly. In that case I'll have it fixed for the next (so not June) update. Sorry for the trouble, I hate when the rules get changed in the middle of the game (the system worked well for the last few years...)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is related, but I just bought the campaign, and ran into an issue on the first mission. Everything seems to be working fine until the explosion. There is no communication from overlord, but I'm able to progress (the coordinates still appear in the F10 radio menu). Also, no communication from Ford. The frequencies are correct (double and triple checked), and it does work normally in the beginning of the mission.

30.06.2022 в 15:38, dakota558 сказал:

I don't know if this is related, but I just bought the campaign, and ran into an issue on the first mission. Everything seems to be working fine until the explosion. There is no communication from overlord, but I'm able to progress (the coordinates still appear in the F10 radio menu). Also, no communication from Ford. The frequencies are correct (double and triple checked), and it does work normally in the beginning of the mission.

Yeah, same for me.

• 1 month later...

I'm too finding large issues with comms.....I get no ATC at all {startup/takeoff/inbound or landing request.}

I had purchased EW3.0 2 weeks ago....did everything what the instructions told me do....eg...disable easy comms and etc

Did a repair as well....its just ATC comms doesn't want work

I do not know what to do.....please advise if I need to reinstall dcs open beta

munga

This is so weird, went to play through from M2 and got same thing (also had it M1), but if i take off, i goto contact the convoy that doesnt happen either (just says press space bar, he says hes going to contact them but never does), i then made a clean mission and radio works ok.